Hey RockinRobin!!

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure you were okay. My weather stuff keeps popping up with tornadoes in Jax.

We had some down here and I was just checking in.

Hi...same here...can't even enjoy any of my fav TV shows without the weatherman popping in....There was a tornado in Mayport about 20 miles from me or so.......but so far none where I live....all we've been getting is the rain, but it's not so bad on my side of Jacksonville....am wondering about BabyBlue tho'.....seems the storm is just gonna push out to Georgia and the Carolinas...got some tree limbs down...and of course there is flooding in some parts of town, especially Black Creek....

Expect rain all week long, and high 80's to low 90's...nights in the 70's...very humid here....otherwise...I'm good and cozy...hope you're the same Kristina!

We had tons of rain, lots of wind. Tornadoes that touched down about 12 miles west of me. Once, the thunder was so loud (according to son) that my floor, all ten inches thick, vibrated.

Dogs were okay and we lost no power. Cat was freaked and went to son's room and stayed there. I cracked a minor joke and scared my mother. The driveway is covered with pine needles from our pine tree and I casually said that the tree exploded.

seems the storm is just gonna push out to Georgia and the Carolinas...

Yep were already getting it ... tropical storm Andrea ... alot of moisture from the gulf too ... were under a flash flood watch till late tomorrow evening ... its been raining off and on since yesterday evening and a bad storm blew through last night

All of you stay safe. I have never been through anything like that. Watching your weather it looks really bad. We are going to be 109 degrees and like usual very low humidity. We really could use rain right now.

RR I was wondering how it is living by the water? Any flooding?

All of you stay safe. I have never been through anything like that. Watching your weather it looks really bad. We are going to be 109 degrees and like usual very low humidity. We really could use rain right now.

RR I was wondering how it is living by the water? Any flooding?

None at all so far where I live....it's just a soggy mess (lawn).

Hi...same here...can't even enjoy any of my fav TV shows without the weatherman popping in....There was a tornado in Mayport about 20 miles from me or so.......but so far none where I live....all we've been getting is the rain, but it's not so bad on my side of Jacksonville....am wondering about BabyBlue tho'.....seems the storm is just gonna push out to Georgia and the Carolinas...got some tree limbs down...and of course there is flooding in some parts of town, especially Black Creek....

Expect rain all week long, and high 80's to low 90's...nights in the 70's...very humid here....otherwise...I'm good and cozy...hope you're the same Kristina!
Glad to know that you're OK.

We've been getting the same TV interruptions and red-banner crawl on the screen. Tropical storm warnings, flood warnings, tornado warnings (not close by). College classes at all campuses are cancelled for tomorrow (I take on-line classes, so no break for me unless the power or cable go out.)

We secured all loose outdoor stuff and bought a few supplies. That's about it.

We had tons of rain, lots of wind. Tornadoes that touched down about 12 miles west of me. Once, the thunder was so loud (according to son) that my floor, all ten inches thick, vibrated.

Dogs were okay and we lost no power. Cat was freaked and went to son's room and stayed there. I cracked a minor joke and scared my mother. The driveway is covered with pine needles from our pine tree and I casually said that the tree exploded.
I'm glad that you're OK. I guess you'll just have some outdoor cleanup to do.

It seems the storms arrived early this year.

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:

I am fine here. Some flooding and trees down. Mostly rain and quite breezy.

Its good that all three of you are safe. Hang in there!

did not realize you live in tornado area..are you scared,scare wits out of me..good luck robin hope you have no problems

did not realize you live in tornado area..are you scared,scare wits out of me..good luck robin hope you have no problems

Many years living in the South and I've never seen a Tornado....been thru Hurricanes tho'....I do fill up gallon milk jugs with water every year during Hurricane season....even had the bathtub full of water one year when Hurricane Floyd hit...(no electricity or water for 2 weeks)....Took a bath in the rain!....:giggle: and lots of canned foods.

My city has been so incredibly lucky for years during Hurricane seasons....the Carolinas have not......

Caz - It's not so much that areas of Florida are tornado areas like the Midwest, it's when a Tropical storm or worse comes through, it can spawn tornadoes for the area as well.

I can remember growing up, tornadoes were not common in Florida, but they are more-so now. Either it's due to the reporting changes or it could be different weather patterns for whatever reason.

Wirelessly posted

Glad to hear those in tornado territory are ok . Be safe!

We had more flooding rains this morning, but the rest of the day was cloudy, but dry.

Back