Hey MOD! Please rename this Closet sub forum

MetroGuy03

Reaction score
I don't like the name of "Closet" at all... I find it as offensive against homosexuality... Please rename it to GLBT Lounge. Thanks!

I agree with you! But, let's see what the mods have to say. I hope it will be changed, though.

Please make a poll about the forum being changed to something else other than "The Closet."

I has no idea those word of "Closet" is an offensive.

Can you explain why you disagree with those word "Closet"? I like to know because I support gay rights.

Seems like everyone like my idea "GLBT Lounge" lol, I would like that! :D

I has no idea those word of "Closet" is an offensive.

Can you explain why you disagree with those word "Closet"? I like to know because I support gay rights.

Ok. In the history, the gay people CAN'T admit that they are gay, or they will be beating to death, or just simply kill, or full of hatred because they are gay. What gay people do, they went to someplace that nobody would ever go, and they do the sex things and making out, everything, they are actually hiding. They call that a "The Closet".

Now, today, gay people want to be openly gay, not hiding it, or fear to admit they are. They don't want to be stuck in the "The Closet" anymore and want to open the closet to everyone, and accepting, as peace.

Now you get it?

"Yep, I'm gay" sound perfect!"

pleaes please please take that title! :D

Ohhh I got it and thank you for explain, Puyo and Boult.

MetroGuy, I would suggest you to create a new thread with poll to add list of suggestion.

We could change it... and someone else will still find it offensive.

We've had this for years and no one said a thing. Why now?

There was a GLBT club at NTID years ago called "Deaf GLO" (Deaf Gay Lesbian Organization). They didn't like the name and decided to change it to "Spectrum" because it represents the rainbow.

However, a similar topic was brought up by other people saying that it was the abuse of the rainbow since straight people who associate themselves with rainbows are considered GLBT. I have a friend who happens to collect, draw, color, and wear rainbow stuff. Everyone thinks she's a lesbian, but she's not.

So, think about it carefully...

Do you REALLY want to change the title? Is it REALLY offensive?

You can't say something is offensive without giving us a REALLY good reason for it.

Be sure to read the description and the title. If we change the title, we might have to change the description. If we change either, will it change the way the sub-forum is viewed?

We could change it... and someone else will still find it offensive.

We've had this for years and no one said a thing. Why now?

There was a GLBT club at NTID years ago called "Deaf GLO" (Deaf Gay Lesbian Organization). They didn't like the name and decided to change it to "Spectrum" because it represents the rainbow.

However, a similar topic was brought up by other people saying that it was the abuse of the rainbow since straight people who associate themselves with rainbows are considered GLBT. I have a friend who happens to collect, draw, color, and wear rainbow stuff. Everyone thinks she's a lesbian, but she's not.

So, think about it carefully...

Do you REALLY want to change the title? Is it REALLY offensive?

You can't say something is offensive without giving us a REALLY good reason for it.

Be sure to read the description and the title. If we change the title, we might have to change the description. If we change either, will it change the way the sub-forum is viewed?

My point to make GLBT people feels comfortable to use Alldeaf.com without feeling like they're degraded because they're GLBT not straight people. The closet is degrading us, GLBT people, seriously. We need to change the name so no one here will be degraded.

It sounds okay to me. We could make a list of names and vote for it.

Brainstorm if you have better one:

Open arms
Open your mind
GLBT
Rainbow
Hippies
Triangle Rainbow
Pride Flag
Rainbow Flag
Proud (?) Community

Well...I'm not gay....but it makes sense....for one thing, not all gay people are in the closet. It would kinda feel like hiding to go into a site called closet.
And as far as a poll.....I'm not sure that would give a good result. Lot of people maybe don't read this site (I only noted this topic) and maybe those who respond to it will be biased. And result count may be low. Doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a change.

My point to make GLBT people feels comfortable to use Alldeaf.com without feeling like they're degraded because they're GLBT not straight people. The closet is degrading us, GLBT people, seriously. We need to change the name so no one here will be degraded.

Yup, I like your idea!!!

I had learned about the closet is offensive to gay people and word of the closet is so old, during 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and even 90's then time change and more are out of closet.

It sounds okay to me. We could make a list of names and vote for it.

Brainstorm if you have better one:

Open arms
Open your mind
GLBT
Rainbow
Hippies
Triangle Rainbow
Pride Flag
Rainbow Flag
Proud (?) Community

Hippies? Gays are not hippies. lol

I knew that you are going to say that. I just want to see if you are really paying attention. You have good eyes. :giggle:

Back