hey, im new here

Hello and Welcome to alldeaf!

Hi Shy Girl
Welcome to AD. dont worry you came to the right place. Here the ADers are great people. Enjoy posting ! Just follow the intructions of your ENT and other proffesionals and youll be fine!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You might as well get use to wearing your own hearing aids whether you need one or two hearing aids (two hearings aid means that you can get your hearing balance even probably better than one). I was born Deaf, but I was force to wear two hearing aids but my hearing on my right ear is totally deaf and I could not hear anything from the hearing aid at all ( I made a fuss and try to get it off from my right ear). Then I tried the hearing aid on my left ear and boy it is a new sound to me and I was very surprise about it all. That was when I was eight and half years old a long time ago in 1954. I have been wearing my left hearing aid for a very long time. In the past only once when the audiologist tried to put the hearing aid on my right ear and I tried to explain to him that I don't like using it on my right ear. He said that is to help me to balance my hearing even (maybe it is true, it is like wearing eyeglasses to get a 20/20 vision). To me I think they are just out to make money more if I wore more than one hearing aids. :ugh:

Hi and :welcome: to AD! Enjoy being with us on this fun site. :)

It's only natural to be scared of any new circumstances and chin up, be brave. We're here if you need us. Good luck. :)

im probably goin to have no friends after i have told them, that im HOH and need hearing aids.

What makes you think that no one will want to talk to you because you are hard of hearing and needing hearing aids? Not everyone is that shallow. Honestly i know you will have alot of friends still. If your friends leave you because of it then they really aren't your friends and it is good to know that now then much further in the future when you are depending on them. As far as getting hearing aids there is nothing to worry about. They won't poke you and prod you. Everything will be okay, they will take care of you and make everything as comfortable for you as possible.

What makes you think that no one will want to talk to you because you are hard of hearing and needing hearing aids? Not everyone is that shallow. Honestly i know you will have alot of friends still. If your friends leave you because of it then they really aren't your friends and it is good to know that now then much further in the future when you are depending on them. As far as getting hearing aids there is nothing to worry about. They won't poke you and prod you. Everything will be okay, they will take care of you and make everything as comfortable for you as possible.

idk, but i have a funny feeling inside of me that thinks that.
quite a few of my friends are shallow.

idk, but i have a funny feeling inside of me that thinks that.
quite a few of my friends are shallow.

Then they are not true friends. You need to find some true friends. They will stand by your side the whole way.

Then they are not true friends. You need to find some true friends. They will stand by your side the whole way.

true. true. it could be very hard for me to get some true friends. because i have a very quiet, timid, shy, etc personaliyy. i dont talk much unless its with someone who i have known for quite a bit of time.

true. true. it could be very hard for me to get some true friends. because i have a very quiet, timid, shy, etc personaliyy. i dont talk much unless its with someone who i have known for quite a bit of time.

Some times you just need to take a deep breath and step forward and start talking to people. You never know, you may just meet the best friend you will ever make who will stay friends with you until your 110 years old lol. I know it can be scary but it is worth it. That is how I have made some good friends. because like you I used to be shy, I still have my shyness but not as much as it used to be.

Hi Katie,
The best advice I can give you about hearing aids is be patient - sometimes it can take 4 or 5 return visits before they are at their best potential. Don't stop wearing them because they don't seem right - go back for an adjustment - they will get better. Also, I recommend one with a volume control on it. The smaller ones don't have volume control and you need it. So you may have to choose one a little larger than you'd like - it's worth it. Hope all goes well at your fitting and welcome to AD!

Hi Katie,
The best advice I can give you about hearing aids is be patient - sometimes it can take 4 or 5 return visits before they are at their best potential. Don't stop wearing them because they don't seem right - go back for an adjustment - they will get better. Also, I recommend one with a volume control on it. The smaller ones don't have volume control and you need it. So you may have to choose one a little larger than you'd like - it's worth it. Hope all goes well at your fitting and welcome to AD!

Good advice Irish. Funny thing is I do scheduling for a Hearcenter and a Otolaryngologist department. So I get to deal with things like this.

Kate, I am sorry about forget to post your thread.

:welcome: to AllDeaf! We are happy for you coming here and learning from us. I don't think your friends will avoid or walk away from you when you're hoh with HA. They need to deal with it. If you're not comfort to around. You will find many friends. Trust us!

Stay at AD for enjoying. Let you read everyone's forums about deaf and hard of hearing. :)

Hi Katie,

I agree with you. :)

Some times you just need to take a deep breath and step forward and start talking to people. You never know, you may just meet the best friend you will ever make who will stay friends with you until your 110 years old lol. I know it can be scary but it is worth it. That is how I have made some good friends. because like you I used to be shy, I still have my shyness but not as much as it used to be.

i just let people start talkin to me. lol.
i have lost my bestest best true friend, so i wont be able to replace him. and i could be friends with him for ever.

i just let people start talkin to me. lol.
i have lost my bestest best true friend, so i wont be able to replace him. and i could be friends with him for ever.

Why did you lose him? what was the reason?

Back