Hey check this out Live Transcribe app

deerheart12

Reaction score
I saw this on google news about this app that is available on Android devices. Seems like it only on Android or google devices. Hopefully it will be on iphones too. Anyways, it literally "captions" everything that is spoken. I just tried it out in my art class and I was really surprised how well it did! The app is still in development stage but it is promising! It might really help out in conversations, and a tool to catch what people are saying. This is an auto voice recognition, so there will be lots of typos but the technology is improving. There are other apps as well. I will post the links here.

Live Transcribe-
https://mashable.com/video/google-live-transcribe-accessibility-app-deaf-people/#fNx97OFIiPqy

A nice link that explains different apps

https://www.hearinglink.org/living/loops-equipment/useful-apps-for-hearing-loss/

Have a nice day!
:wave::) Annie

There are other apps out there already just like this and in use. Ava is one, for example.

I've been testing this out. It works really well in quiet situations where the person speaks slowly and enunciates really well.

When there's background noise, or the person is a fast talker like me, or they mumble even the slightest, then it doesn't work so well. I've found that is really not any better than Ava.

I've been testing this out. It works really well in quiet situations where the person speaks slowly and enunciates really well.

When there's background noise, or the person is a fast talker like me, or they mumble even the slightest, then it doesn't work so well. I've found that is really not any better than Ava.

I did look a Ava at one point but one of the places that I would be most likely to use it is a lunch with a group. Some of them don't even have a cell phone let alone be willing and able to download an app. They seem to say that it the way to really get it to work is if everyone in the group has the app on a smartphone.

I think I may see about trying this one.

I did look a Ava at one point but one of the places that I would be most likely to use it is a lunch with a group. Some of them don't even have a cell phone let alone be willing and able to download an app. They seem to say that it the way to really get it to work is if everyone in the group has the app on a smartphone.

I think I may see about trying this one.
Put your phone on the table and let your phone's mic pick up the voices around the table. That's what I've done.

I noticed it doesn't pick up everything but still i was surprised to get a little something. I'll try it out with the dentist when I go in later this week. I did try out Ava but it looks like you have to pay if you want to use it more? There's also another app called TextHear.

I was able to use Live Transcribe to listen to the radio and it was funny and I was suprised how fast they spoke. Finally I can hear the radio! :dance2:

This will not work in one large meeting room with full of people.

Right, it doesn't work well in a large meeting. They can download an app and have it connected to my phone. I have some people who doesn't like to hold the phone when they are speaking, so what they can do is to use pod or headset with mic and attach the mic to his shirt or jacket. Then he can speak freely with his/her hands flying around point at something etc. Also this help who is speaking on my phone. You know I have two phones, personal and business. I use business phone to set it next to speaker phone and my personal phone is my reader. The speaker phone is fairly accurate, more of manageable. Why I'm using Ava? It's impossible to get interpreters in a last minute meeting. I very often get last minutes meeting because there's lot of update that need to be aware of it. Secondly, many meeting last 15 to 30 minutes while we have to pay one or two full hours terp fee. We do get terp advance for large long meeting and I really prefer terp than Ava, obviously. Another funny thing is that I used to turn off the voice mail, until Ava released the app for first time. I start using Voice mail with Ava because it's quicker to use and it work pretty well! So many people call me on regular phone instead of VP. I got really frustrated about that. and I have to call on VP and have terp to connect my voice mail with passcode then she has to press 1 to listing the message then press 3 to delete it etc..etc..etc.. Now with Ava, All I have to press VM button on my phone and press 1 to listen immediately. All that take about under 5 seconds.

Back