Helpp

Reaction score
My names Carolyn, I haven't been on here in a while but I'm not a stranger. :) I know there supposed be a forum for this but I couldnt find so I'm stuck with this one. Sorry! I know a lot of you hate it but I had to reach out. I am Hh and fluent in Sign. My boyfriend is hearing and because I am still in school, I cant help during those times. He has taken an interest in Signing and needs someone to help teach him. He is very much a beginner. He can fingerspell but that's all. If anyone is willing to work with/teach/help him learn, that would be amazing! We both use glide and skype. Message me if youre interested!

My names Carolyn, I haven't been on here in a while but I'm not a stranger. :) I know there supposed be a forum for this but I couldnt find so I'm stuck with this one. Sorry! I know a lot of you hate it but I had to reach out. I am Hh and fluent in Sign. My boyfriend is hearing and because I am still in school, I cant help during those times. He has taken an interest in Signing and needs someone to help teach him. He is very much a beginner. He can fingerspell but that's all. If anyone is willing to work with/teach/help him learn, that would be amazing! We both use glide and skype. Message me if youre interested!
Definitely

What do you want him to improve on, Ive only been trying to learn for less then a year, But always willing to help him get practice :)

Not trying to put a damper on anyone's spirit of learning ASL.
To each and it's own on how influential and dedicated they are as an individual, taking up a foreign language, such as ASL.
Kudos to those who learn and it's a rarity to see one would advance in the language, to become one in the language. Both reading and signing ASL.
I've learned that if God can't change a person. How can I?
I'm deaf.
I couldn't even get my hearing ex fiance to remain faithful in language of ASL.

If your boyfriend is learning this language. Make sure it's for his benefit, to go hang with you and the deaf groups.
Communication is the key to your heart.
Will he remain faithful?
Give it 90 days.
Again. Kudos to those who learn ASL, regardless of the outcome.

What do you want him to improve on, Ive only been trying to learn for less then a year, But always willing to help him get practice :)
Um, honestly, any help would be great. Learning and using the vocab consistently, and just conversational. You can glide him or skype him. His skype:paintermatthew13@gmail.com

Did he consider taking a class in ASL. There are also ASL books. When I was taking classes the college used A Baqsic Course in American Sign Language by Tom Humphries, Carol Padden and Terrence J. O'Rourke. Published by TJ Publishers. Barns and Nobile have it. Also on Amazon. Best of luck!! https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0932666426/americasignla091

51V86DCE6PL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back