Helping my hard-of-hearing friend speaking english

mochi23

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here, a hearing person. I have an online friend who is also a partner that assist me in some of my design projects. When I was about to brief him for the first time, I asked whether he would understand if I speak instead of typing. I was aware he's hard of hearing, but he can communicate orally with his family, only in his mother tounge and it's not English. So it got us talking about practicing listening and speaking English. His written English is exceptionally good, it's just he doesn't know how it sounds and how to say it. I have never help practicing speaking like this before, any tips on what to do or not do, or things that will help? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, a hearing person. I have an online friend who is also a partner that assist me in some of my design projects. When I was about to brief him for the first time, I asked whether he would understand if I speak instead of typing. I was aware he's hard of hearing, but he can communicate orally with his family, only in his mother tounge and it's not English. So it got us talking about practicing listening and speaking English. His written English is exceptionally good, it's just he doesn't know how it sounds and how to say it. I have never help practicing speaking like this before, any tips on what to do or not do, or things that will help? Thanks in advance.
He approached you about learning to understand and use spoken English? I don't know where to begin because Speech Language Pathologists and Deaf educator spend 6 years in college, and then another 3 in practice to become AVT or AV Ed certified, to learn exactly how to do that. It isn't exactly simple.

Back