Helping my family

Joyce Markarian

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, This is my first time here, and looking for any information,and support for our family . My 8 month old granddaughter is deaf and we really don't know what to do right now. We are going thru an emotional rollercoaster right now, and I am trying to be positive, especially for my daughter, her Mom, right now, because she may have more health issues in the future, in addition to her deafness, due to a virus she contracted. Her prognosis is unsure, and could also be faced with, seizures, blindness, and brain damage, or worse, but the immediate concern is helping her learning process, and communication. Any help or support would be appreciated.
My

I'm not too sure how to use this site, but like my impending sign language, I will learn as I go. It's all a little overwhelming but I'm going to try so hard , so I can talk to my sweet little granddaughter

Yes, it can be overwhelming, but you're not alone. I was born profoundly deaf. Find out how much hearing loss your granddaughter has now. Take her to the audiologist. Try hearing aids. And Learn ASL. They're a great benefit to your granddaughter.

I strongly recommend signing up for ASL class. You will learn so much from ASL class, believe me.

Welcome.

Welcome, Congratulations on your granddaughters birth :)

Cant give better advice then what Barbaro already posted, take asl classes :)

Back