Help! what is your sign for starbucks?

sallylou

Potterhead and Janeite
Premium Member
Reaction score
Help! what is your sign for starbucks? I keep getting different answers and some people just don't know (fingerspell). :hmm:

Use both left and right hand and use the sign for "light". Make sure both hands are closely facing each other (but far enough so fingers aren't contacting each other).

One of my deaf friends taught me that.

I've seen that. Someone else does this with back of hands touching each other. Anyone got a third sign? :lol:

I've seen it with two 'b' handshapes motioned as if signing 'star'.

San Jose - face the hands towards each other, all fingers splayed and extended except the middle, which are repeatedly flicked towards each other off the pad of the thumb. Similar, somewhat, to the sign for "internet" except with flicking and no touching.

I have no idea why...

When I first asked what sign that was, and was told "Starbucks", in my head I was signing what Dixie posted above.

Thanks for the link, botte.

Jiro, I've gotten used to learning more than one sign for the same thing. It's fun to share the different signs.

My favorite sign in for "IHOP" as in International House of Pancakes. It's the "i" letter jumping upside down on your palm. My kids love IHOP so we use that sign frequently.

thanks for the link, botte.

Jiro, i've gotten used to learning more than one sign for the same thing. It's fun to share the different signs.

My favorite sign in for "ihop" as in international house of pancakes. It's the "i" letter jumping upside down on your palm. My kids love ihop so we use that sign frequently.

i love ihop!!!

I experience on hard to explain! on hand on starbuck I experience :lol;

Thanks for the link, botte.

Jiro, I've gotten used to learning more than one sign for the same thing. It's fun to share the different signs.

My favorite sign in for "IHOP" as in International House of Pancakes. It's the "i" letter jumping upside down on your palm. My kids love IHOP so we use that sign frequently.

lol that's a cute sign for ihop. I should try that for my friends :)

I think it would be funny to sign it as 'star' + 'sign for a dollar bill' lolol

Fuzzy

That's a terrible sign for Starbucks.. So many broken ASL rules.

what about my idea?
Keep in mind I only meant it to be funny, though.

Fuzzy

what about my idea?
Keep in mind I only meant it to be funny, though.

Fuzzy

I knew you were joking.. Dixie, on the other hand, was serious. And she's not the only one. I've seen people sign it like that. It always makes me cringe a little lol. God, I'm so picky haha.

societys child, I'm going to use the sign that you described. It seems to be most popular here. If someone looks at me funny, then I fingerspell it.

I knew you were joking.. Dixie, on the other hand, was serious. And she's not the only one. I've seen people sign it like that. It always makes me cringe a little lol. God, I'm so picky haha.

Well I suppose the rules are the rules - I might be wrong,
but breaking the ASL rules is probably like making spelling and grammar mistakes in written English, no?
I would be cringing, too.

Fuzzy

Back