Help me find a car

Congratulations!!!
I hope yours is 4.0L because it is the most realiable engine! I have had 4.0 and still runnning strong. Friend of mine had same as yours almost hit 300k miles. Had to get rid of it because of severe rust problem, body starting to fall apart due to rust, yet the engine running strong! He traded that for Jeep Liberty and guess what? He regretted that he had gone for Liberty. Wish had gone for Cherokee once again.
believe it or not, my 98 Jeep Cherokee was stolen almost 3 years ago, recovered with moderate damages. My thoughts was since it was damaged I'd be facing several problems eventually and thought of selling it. But I ended up keeping it because it remains VERY VERY VERY realiable! I can not sell if something is so realiable.

Reba said:
Well, I made my decision.

I bought a 1995 Jeep Cherokee.

Thanks for all your input. :)

diehardbiker65 said:
Congratulations!!!
I hope yours is 4.0L because it is the most realiable engine! ...
Yes, mine is 4.0L!

No rust. It was a one-owner car, from Georgia. I live in South Carolina. No snow, no salted roads, so no rust. The body has original paint, in great shape.

Great! You will find this Jeep to be very realiable. I have not heard of any Cherokee owners complaining at all.

Reba said:
Yes, mine is 4.0L!

No rust. It was a one-owner car, from Georgia. I live in South Carolina. No snow, no salted roads, so no rust. The body has original paint, in great shape.

diehardbiker65's right. The Jeep's 4.0L engine is considered "bulletproof", I've heard some Jeep owners are still driving their Jeeps beyond the 200,000 mile mark, so it's possible to go beyond 300k. The 4.0L is going to be a "legend", everyone will miss it because Diamler-Chrysler will stop the production of 4.0L, it is being replaced with a newer, lighter 3.7L V6 engine.

I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee and a 2004 Wrangler, both are equipped with 4.0L engine. The Grand Cherokee is my "family" car, usually for long distance family trips on weekends. I drive my Wrangler to work and sometimes I go offroading, it has a four inch lifts, big tires, etc.

I often choose heavier & bigger vehicle while buying a new or used car, that's because I feel much more safer in them. We have so many huge SUVs and lifted trucks, including Hummers, around here in Southern California. I wouldn't feel safe driving a Honda Civic and get hit by a 4,500 pound Hummer.
I, myself, don't care about trying to save money on gasoline by driving a 2,400 pound car. My Wrangler is modified with aftermarket 3/16" thick steel front & rear bumper, steel side steps, etc. Of course, they are much more heavier than stock bumpers...and yes, it burns more gasoline per mile than stock. My friend has a modified Wrangler. A Ford F-150 truck driver didn't pay attention, he crashed (head-to-head) into a Wrangler. The Wrangler got some scratches on a heavy-duty front bumper. The F-150's front grille was badly damaged, along with leaking radiator. Ouch. Repairs on Ford F-150, approximately $4,500. Jeep Wrangler repairs: Zero (who cares about the cute scratch on the bumper?).

I usually pay around $180/month for gasoline on both Jeeps :shock: That isn't bad for me.

Anyway...congratulations on purchasing a '95 Cherokee.

ahh didnt know u got a cherokee ! :) congrat !...

my parent used to have '81 cherokee and '83 wrangoneer. i used to call my mom's wragoneer 'the ship' because at that time it was huge suv in 80s i had a hard time to drive that big ship.

Thanks to you all for the good words about my Jeep and your Jeeps. :P

deafclimber said:
heh. i wud steal your dog, reba, cuz i love border collie ! ;)
Actually, it is not my dog but my daughter's family dog. They have an Aussie/border collie that I "stole" from them for my avatar. :P

Back