Help Attorney wanted

Mrs. Incredible

Reaction score
Hi, I am a parent of deaf child. I'm hoping that someone in the deaf community can help me find an attorney to help defend my ADA and I.E.P rights in middle school. attorneys in my state wont help because its against there school system failing to provide qualified able bodies to teach my child in state of Georgia. I have been fighting with the school system for years and it's appalling how they treat there deaf students. any help or insight would be appreciated greatly.

WE do have a very good attorney here in Jacksonville, Florida...she is with Morgan & Morgan and used to be with the Legal Aid for the Deaf...Mrs. Sharon Castera...she knows ASL also. She's great!...Anyway, I don't know about Georgia...if you're close to Jacksonville (Florida)...then maybe give her a call...

WE do have a very good attorney here in Jacksonville, Florida...she is with Morgan & Morgan and used to be with the Legal Aid for the Deaf...Mrs. Sharon Castera...she knows ASL also. She's great!...Anyway, I don't know about Georgia...if you're close to Jacksonville (Florida)...then maybe give her a call...

My thought is that even if not close to Jacksonville, Florida contact her as she may well have contacts in your area. It sounds like, to me, that she is probably part of some larger area wide groups that would have lists of contacts.

I've heard from others that Georgia's school system in regards to deaf education is horrible.

My thought is that even if not close to Jacksonville, Florida contact her as she may well have contacts in your area. It sounds like, to me, that she is probably part of some larger area wide groups that would have lists of contacts.
Yes, I do agree (and forgot to mention that).

try appealing all the way up. follow their procedures and be patient with raw emotions....

It isn't very good when you see such a discriminatory attitude towards a different child, from teachers and any adult. Unfortunately, my acquaintance also went through such a situation

It isn't very good when you see such a discriminatory attitude towards a different child, from teachers and any adult. Unfortunately, my acquaintance also went through such a situation
Since he served in the Coast Guard, he looked for help at ucmjdefense .com. I don't understand where people get such callousness regarding other people's problems, especially children. After all, no one is immune to this situation. I wouldn't wish anyone to be in the shoes of such a child. And I urge you to be patient and not to become bitter in the fight for your child's rights.

Back