Hellooo, deaf world!

AngryMelon

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Ste. I am profoundly deaf and a British (disgusted, isn't it).

I'd like to make some good friends oversea because I'd like to know your own deaf culture and sign language. I have few hobbies; drawing, reading and playing basketball but haven't play it for age due to it is least popular among deaf British culture TT_TT. for now, I have no choice but seeking and joining a hearing team :/ I'm always not good with hearing people -- long story.

Anyway, I always wanted to be living in America someday no matter how old I am (I'm 28). Why? Just because I heard this place has deaf awareness and give you rights to access your needs than UK-- as of today, rumour that our access to work may be cut down. I'm really disappearing with UK system and everything. That's why I lost my faith in UK and wish to move out sooner.

I didn't realise I'm talking a bit much about myself. Enough about me and hello to you, deaf world! ^__^

Hello.. UK system looks good to a lot of us over here, particularly as involves deaf needs.

Grass is always greener...

But :welcome:

Hi!

My name is Ste. I am profoundly deaf and a British (disgusted, isn't it).

I'd like to make some good friends oversea because I'd like to know your own deaf culture and sign language. I have few hobbies; drawing, reading and playing basketball but haven't play it for age due to it is least popular among deaf British culture TT_TT. for now, I have no choice but seeking and joining a hearing team :/ I'm always not good with hearing people -- long story.

Anyway, I always wanted to be living in America someday no matter how old I am (I'm 28). Why? Just because I heard this place has deaf awareness and give you rights to access your needs than UK-- as of today, rumour that our access to work may be cut down. I'm really disappearing with UK system and everything. That's why I lost my faith in UK and wish to move out sooner.

I didn't realise I'm talking a bit much about myself. Enough about me and hello to you, deaf world! ^__^

Hi :), from my personal experience, it is pretty good here :) but there are still people who aren't aware or care lol

In the past, yes it did good services our needs but it getting worse and worse due to lack of service. Let's start with interpreter; NHS (hospital) doesn't good to service to patients, really awful one and it put our health in danger without them. Luckily, in my place it did good job despite how quiet my place.

They said our benefits may be halted due to fraud acts. Like the employee broke their ankle and gain the benefits until their ankle get recovered but they pretending to be continuing handicap. That's how affects the government's decision to cut down benefits, doesn't care whether wheelchair people make complain or not.

Finally, I heard that access to work for deaf or hard of hearing people under order of prime minster but it'll be announced before November. I hope it'll still give a green light instead halted. That's why I'm getting fed up with United Kingdom and hope to moving out of UK with a certain reason. Guess I'm too paranoid.

True, UK has all greener but so does some country has such as Australia, Canada and so more.

Well I know that one of my friends had to have surgery (deaf), and they didn't have an interpreter there for her, so while I was visiting, they asked me if I could do it. But the rest of the time they just wrote back and forth (I wasn't there), but there are a lot of places where they won't have an interpreter, so you need to provide one.. (At least where I am from, idk about other places :)

Back