Hello

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Jude. I'm profoundly deaf, 43 years old, and live in Northeastern MA. I have a rare and unusual tropical plant business called The Silent Seed. I enjoy reading, nature, the ocean, gardening, and my work. I grew up using Signed English, but can communicate in ASL as well. I only just discovered this site today after desiring to expand my connection with other signers and / or deaf folk.
I look forward to making some friends here. Please feel free to say hello!

Hi,
My name is Jude. I'm profoundly deaf, 43 years old, and live in Northeastern MA. I have a rare and unusual tropical plant business called The Silent Seed. I enjoy reading, nature, the ocean, gardening, and my work. I grew up using Signed English, but can communicate in ASL as well. I only just discovered this site today after desiring to expand my connection with other signers and / or deaf folk.
I look forward to making some friends here. Please feel free to say hello!

Hi Jude,
Welcome to the board!
Sosie

Good morning,
Thank you for your welcomes!
Analog; great question. That is a Jackfruit that I am holding. It is the world's largest fruit. (This particular fruit was, I think, 47 pounds, and they do get larger than that.)
Have a great day, everyone.
Jude

Jackfruit, does it taste like chicken? hehe, think I've heard of it before, can't remember where, what's it native to?

Haha, I'm not too sure. It is said to be pretty sweet. It is believed to be native to India, but is so widespread now that the actual origins are lost to time. It is spread throughout much of SouthEast Asia, Africa, and South America.

Yeah I was thinking southeast Asia, so expensive to sell you've not eaten one?

I actually bought it for the seeds, and so I did not allow it to ripen fully - so it was too tough - I did try, though. It tasted sweet to me.
I got over 300 seeds from this fruit. From that viewpoint, it was worth it.

Back