Hello

Katluc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. It surprised me that searching the internet for information on hearing loss and hearing aids was such a jungle. A forum where I can communicate with people who have experience and knowledge seemed to be a better option. I've been operated twice for Cholesteatoma in my left ear, have had unstable ears my entire life and have recently had a sudden drop of hearing in the operated ear again. My ENT Doctor can't see any exterior signs of Cholesteatoma returning but has referred me to the hospital again. I feel as though this hearing loss might be more permanent and we agreed that a hearing aid in that ear might be a good option. I'm finding myself playing a bit of a guessing game as to what people are saying to me, which I find embarrassing and sounds are often confusing. I'm sure that I'll get a ton of good advice here. All the best

Welcome! I have a BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) and a BTE (behind the ear- regular ol' hearing aid). I have conductive loss after a temporal bone fracture as a child. I love my hearing aids, they're how I've gotten around most of my life. Before my BAHA I had two BTEs and used FM systems with an aide sometimes who added on to what I was able to hear with some signed English. The BAHA works way better. I am loving learning ASL properly now in school though and becoming more involved in the Deaf community.

Back