hello

liriope

Reaction score
Just thought I should introduce myself. I am 25 and HOH, with a severe loss in one ear and a moderate-to-severe in the other. I'm late-deafened from Meniere's disease, and it's been kind of depressing for me to lose my hearing, since I'm used to having it (I started losing it around 10 years ago).

I'm trying to learn ASL and get more involved in the deaf and hoh community. Where I live there is none, and it is lonely. I love reading, writing, animals, history, swimming and music. :) oh, and science fiction and fantasy are the best. Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to get to know you all better - liriope :wave:

Just thought I should introduce myself. I am 25 and HOH, with a severe loss in one ear and a moderate-to-severe in the other. I'm late-deafened from Meniere's disease, and it's been kind of depressing for me to lose my hearing, since I'm used to having it (I started losing it around 10 years ago).

I'm trying to learn ASL and get more involved in the deaf and hoh community. Where I live there is none, and it is lonely. I love reading, writing, animals, history, swimming and music. :) oh, and science fiction and fantasy are the best. Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to get to know you all better - liriope :wave:

I'm pretty simliar to you (moderate in highs in both ears BUT profound in left, lows only)
enjoy surfing through the boards!!!

Welcome and hello! Was just diagnosed with Meniere's disease and I think I have had it for a time. I just started loosing my hearing and having spells last year. Your not alone hugs.

Back