Hello world!

Nani97

Reaction score
Hello all together!

My name is Tanja and I am a 20-year-old student. I'm studying to be an international school teacher and I love it. Our primary language is English.
During the last few weeks, I often got confronted with deaf and hoh people and students. So I decided it is time for me, to make my best effort to include those children better into our school society.
I want to learn ASL so I can talk to them without always having an interpreter with me and make them feel comfortable.
I already started, but I am searching for someone who wants to talk to me and teach me about your wonderful language and culture. Because what's a language without a culture?

Just contact me :D

:welcome:

Each country's sign language is different, so that will be an additional learning challenge if you're going to be an international teacher.

Does your college teach ASL or any other sign language?

Thank you DeafNerdMommy and Reba.

No, my school doesn't teach that. I'm trying to learn it online. But as English is spoken in all international schools and ASL is the most "spoken" sign language, I want to learn that first.
And when I can do that, I will try to learn the sign language of whatever country I will live in.

Back