hello to everyone

lisartist

Reaction score
Just signed on today. I am deaf, but wear aids which gives me bass sounds and a bit more. I grew up with a deaf mom who only taught me lip reading, so I do fine with that for the most part. Thank heavens for email, thank heavens for closed captioning! My family is hearing (husband, kids).
I joined because I want to find out more about deaf communication technology. Specifically the cell phone thing. My deaf friends use Sidekick and I want one. I saw a thread on here but have not been able to find a good price. I am an illustrator/designer.
Great to be here!

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! Welcome to AD and hope you find this place an intriguing and educational site! :D

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf lisartist! Did you create your own avatar, if so, it's good. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! ;)

Roadrunner said:
Hello and welcome to Alldeaf lisartist! Did you create your own avatar, if so, it's good. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! ;)

Yes! I did create my own avatar in Corel Painter. I love that program because it helped me switch from traditional to digital art.

I use it almost on every assignment. I get bored with my avatar and will paint something new soon.

Take care!

:wave: :welcome: Hello and a big welcome to Alldeaf, lisartist!!! I hope you are enjoying your stay with AD!!! I too love your Avatar, it is very unique, and very colorful.

I had gotten my Sidekick through Garth Wireless, you may want to try them and see if their prices are comparable to the other companies you have viewed on the website. Good luck, I hope that you will find a Sidekick at a good price.

Look forward to your postings!! Have a good one!! :angel:

Back