Hello, I'm new here

GinaG

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

My name is Gina, i'm 23 and i'm deaf. I have a bone anchored hearing aid, but it doesn't help much.

I'm also a mum to a beautiful 4 year old girl. Thankfully she's beginning to understand that mummy's ears are broken and that i can't always hear everything.

So that's that for now. If anyone wants to know more about me, just ask. I'm a very open person.

Speak soon

Hi ! :wave: My daughter would try to stay up late b/c she didn't think I could hear her . She forgot that I could see her light was still on. She was about 5 yo at the time. :giggle:

Hi ! :wave: My daughter would try to stay up late b/c she didn't think I could hear her . She forgot that I could see her light was still on. She was about 5 yo at the time. :giggle:

My little one tries that, but it doesn't work with me. She hasn't done it for a while though. She just tries to talk to me after i wash my hair when i have my aid off. then shouts at me cos im not answering her. lol

My little one tries that, but it doesn't work with me. She hasn't done it for a while though. She just tries to talk to me after i wash my hair when i have my aid off. then shouts at me cos im not answering her. lol

I have a granddaughter who is now 10 yo , when she was around 4 yo I was in the car my daughter and grandchild . I was trying to tell my grandchild I could not hear her and she needed to talk louder, my grandchild said that she needed to get a microphone to talk to me!
:laugh2: I didn't know she knew what a microphone was . Kids grow up so fast today . :aw:

I have a granddaughter who is now 10 yo , when she was around 4 yo I was in the car my daughter and grandchild . I was trying to tell my grandchild I could not hear her and she needed to talk louder, my grandchild said that she needed to get a microphone to talk to me!
:laugh2: I didn't know she knew what a microphone was . Kids grow up so fast today . :aw:

My daughter is the exact same. She's recently started whispering or mumbling when asking for something and refuses to speak louder for me. Its hilarious as i know shes after something :giggle::giggle:

have you thought aboit learning sign? If you dont already know and use it?

I have always wanted to learn. But I thought it was too late as I'm now older.

I have always wanted to learn. But I thought it was too late as I'm now older.

never too late girl .....besides your young, with all the treasures of sign just waiting for you and your daughter...
Dive in....
Sign will set you free.,

My daughter is the exact same. She's recently started whispering or mumbling when asking for something and refuses to speak louder for me. Its hilarious as i know shes after something :giggle::giggle:

Yeah my grandchild will whisper to her mom when she want something at my house , she mostly want to use my computer. It was so much difference when I a kid we thought the TV was really cool , or reading a good book. I loved to read as a child.

LOLOLOL #littlekidsarefunny

:welcome:

You are still plenty young enough (23!) to learn ASL. :lol:

Yeah my grandchild will whisper to her mom when she want something at my house , she mostly want to use my computer. It was so much difference when I a kid we thought the TV was really cool , or reading a good book. I loved to read as a child.

I'm a big reader still. No one can get me away from a good book. I just lose my self in the words.

:welcome:

You are still plenty young enough (23!) to learn ASL. :lol:

Thing is, I don't know anyone else who signs. Also that ASL isn't used here. I would love to learn ASL as well as BSL but I don't think my tiny brain could handle it. I find signing amazing. It's like a world I want to be in but I know I would fail big time lol

Thing is, I don't know anyone else who signs. Also that ASL isn't used here. I would love to learn ASL as well as BSL but I don't think my tiny brain could handle it. I find signing amazing. It's like a world I want to be in but I know I would fail big time lol
Oops, sorry, I thought you were in America. :) Well, 23 is still not too old for BSL, either.

Oops, sorry, I thought you were in America. :) Well, 23 is still not too old for BSL, either.

I wish I was sometimes. So much drama here. Lol. I am looking into taking a course at college but they only do evening courses, and the way my daughter is at night, I can't do it.

I wish I was sometimes. So much drama here. Lol. I am looking into taking a course at college but they only do evening courses, and the way my daughter is at night, I can't do it.

You can learn BSL, for you and your daughter. and who ever else wishes to be a meaningfull part of your life....with a little patience it will come...
What part of the UK are u in?
We have some members here from the UK ..

You can learn BSL, for you and your daughter. and who ever else wishes to be a meaningfull part of your life....with a little patience it will come...

What part of the UK are u in?

We have some members here from the UK ..

I live in London.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I live in London.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Londons a great town.....plenty of Deafies in london.....
Im sure some brits wil come in here soon to help point u the right way.....
Linping chicken is brit Deafie blog you shoukd check out...

Back