Hello from Greenville, NC!!

Reaction score
I'm a hearing woman, who is interested in meeting more deaf and hoh people. I'm seriously considering going back to college to become an ASL interpreter. I co-founded the ASL Club at my high school my senior year. My grandfather went deaf in his left ear @ 10 or 11 years old. I also have Meniere's. So, sometimes I have to ask people to repeat things, or slow down. I have a beautiful daughter who is turning 5 years old on 8/5/2011 and starting Kindergarten as well. I want her to be culturally aware so I want her to be fluent in ASL and possibly some other languages as well. I want to educate her on all cultures so that she can be understanding and help to educate others in the future. So that eventually all "Hate Crimes" and "Bullying" might come to an end. #NOH8 GOD BLESS ALL!!!! :wave: :D :cool2: :P

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Good for you!!!! :thumb:

Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:ty: @Bebonang I appreciate your kindness and I will have fun on here!!

*Has anyone been watching the new TV Show "Switched At Birth" I watch it every week, Monday 9pm on ABC Family. I'm really enjoying it.

*Ok well I'm off for now will be back on later this evening to chat, if anyone wants to. Right now I've got to take my Grandmother(Memaw) to Chemotherapy and then to another Doctor Appointment. Busy, long day in town.

*Also my daughter, Gabriella Fern, is turning 5 years old on Friday August 5th. So I'm getting ready for her party on Saturday.(Theme= "Rock Star Birthday Bash"

TTYL :) :wave:

I watch that show and LOVE it! I have missed a few episodes though! :( Tell your daughter I said happy birthday! My youngest, Madisyn Elizabeth, will be turning 2 on Thursday! Her due date was the 5th! :) Talk to you soon.
Carol aka CC

I watch that show and LOVE it! I have missed a few episodes though! :( Tell your daughter I said happy birthday! My youngest, Madisyn Elizabeth, will be turning 2 on Thursday! Her due date was the 5th! :) Talk to you soon.
Carol aka CC

*I love it too, I missed parts of this weeks episode, thankfully my free videos on demand has this show available. I missed the first half of the episode where they have Tyler over for dinner, so I got to watch it the other day. I looked up the actor who plays Emmet, Sean Berdy, and found out that he has been in other shows & movies. He was in "The Sandlot 2"(2005), "The Bondage"(2006), "The Legend of The Mountain Man"(2008) and "The Deaf Family"(2008). He's 18 years old and an amazing actor.

*:ty: I will tell her Happy Birthday from you!!!! Tell your daughter Happy Birthday from me!!!! And Good Luck to you, too!!!! (LOL)

TTYL :) :wave:

Are there any deaf guys or girls, men or women in Greenville, NC or surrounding areas? I would like to be able to learn new, practice and improve my ASL.

Back