Helio Ocean

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
helio_ocean_zoom1.jpg

Helio Ocean is using under EV-DO, that's 3G.
Helio | Ocean, Heat & Drift cell phones: Camera, MySpace Mobile, 3G Internet, 3D Gaming & more

yea i saw that at Fry's store and I played it. It is very light and nice feeling...

Helio is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator that uses Sprint Nextel's 3G network to handle its voice and data service.

I am not sure if Helio provides a special data plan for deaf subscribers like Sprint & ATT.

yea i saw that at Fry's store and I played it. It is very light and nice feeling...

Helio is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator that uses Sprint Nextel's 3G network to handle its voice and data service.

I am not sure if Helio provides a special data plan for deaf subscribers like Sprint & ATT.

Unlimited data with 500 minutes is cost around $65 per monthly but I want rid of voice plan.

I think if can call Helio to rid of voice plans to make more cheaper.

My coworker use Helio for few months and he love it.

It looks nice and good price.

It is possible EarthLink will have TAP-like program for the deaf/hard-of-hearing.

I know a guy here who is a personal/close friend of Sky Dayton, founder of EarthLink, Helio, eBusiness, etc. I will try to have him to check with Sky about such services. Sky is the kind of person who is open to ideas with anything to boost/improve for his companies/ventures.

Deafclimber, it would be cool if Fry's Electronics could speed up with expanding into Atlanta/Buckhead and Cobb County.

Deafclimber, it would be cool if Fry's Electronics could speed up with expanding into Atlanta/Buckhead and Cobb County.

that wound be our electronics heaven ! ;)

Fry's in Alpharetta is nearest my office by 1/2 mile. i feel a proud geek !

It a cool looking device but you will have to use Helio Network so it seem to be a small network which is mainly cities based network. It probably going to be X'ed like sidekick outside of cities 8-P

At&T is suppose to come out with a device similar to Helio Ocean in August for thier network called DUO which will run WM6 on it and you should be able to get TAP plan on DUO.

It a cool looking device but you will have to use Helio Network so it seem to be a small network which is mainly cities based network. It probably going to be X'ed like sidekick outside of cities 8-P

At&T is suppose to come out with a device similar to Helio Ocean in August for thier network called DUO which will run WM6 on it and you should be able to get TAP plan on DUO.

No, Helio is under Sprint coverage.

Look at deafclimber's comment

that wound be our electronics heaven ! ;)

Fry's in Alpharetta is nearest my office by 1/2 mile. i feel a proud geek !

We have Fry's Electronics in Renton, Washington. It's about 30 miles from here. I do like that store, they got everything they have. They also have a great return policy, lol.

I haven't tried the Helio Ocean, yet. From what you guys described sounds good to me. Too bad they don't have it for AT&T's network.

No, Helio is under Sprint coverage.

Look at deafclimber's comment

Helio Coverage Map | Helio.com - Mobile Devices, Phones, and Wireless Service for You

Here the coverage map ..

Not many high speed 3G in USA for helio .. maybe look like about only 45 or so locations all in major cities and slow older 1xrtt data is very limited in USA.

but Voice coveage "Blab Away" pretty much whole USA same all other network cell phone with is no good for us deafies =P however SMS txt message should work fine on same voice coverage.

Helio Coverage Map | Helio.com - Mobile Devices, Phones, and Wireless Service for You

Here the coverage map ..

Not many high speed 3G in USA for helio .. maybe look like about only 45 or so locations all in major cities and slow older 1xrtt data is very limited in USA.

but Voice coveage "Blab Away" pretty much whole USA same all other network cell phone with is no good for us deafies =P however SMS txt message should work fine on same voice coverage.

Don't believe me? ask deafclimber...
Helio (wireless carrier) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at Sprint coverage, no difference from Helio since they are under Sprint server.
sprint_usa_2006_06.gif

It does same with Ogo, they are used to under Cingular, AT&T server.

Thankfully, there's 3G support in my area, suburb of Chicago.

I prefer to use CDMA because it does work at wal-fart or store department and most building that is strong to get roam in.

You can try it for 30 days or 14 days (not sure about Helio's policy) If you are not happy so you can return it and get full refund.

Yup but I'm thinking about it.
2PAC, I don't think this suit on you. Because I observe you, you like HIGH TECH DEVICE like iphone, treo, on and on. If you get iphone, you would be FIRST iPHONE DEAF across USA! ;)

2PAC, I don't think this suit on you. Because I observe you, you like HIGH TECH DEVICE like iphone, treo, on and on. If you get iphone, you would be FIRST iPHONE DEAF across USA! ;)

Yup, I want high tech...

I like Treo and HTC devices from Sprint, that's CDMA.

I have an Ocean, but I'm not deaf. I bought it to try it out for communicating with my boyfriend who is deaf. Personally, I love the phone, and I use it for data more than talking. The communication clients on it are fast, and I love the interface of it. Right now, they have a-la-carte services available if you just want to use it for data, or so forth, but I think it would be more costly that way. The plans are a bit pricey for my income (college student working part time internship), so I wish they would release something like 250 minutes/unlimited data--or of course data only plans. Until they do something like that, its just not worth spending 65 before taxes if you will just be using the data.

Helio uses the Sprint network mainly, and Verizon for roaming...I wish there was more 3G available, luckily I live close enough to Charlotte that my town is still within range.

I have an Ocean, but I'm not deaf. I bought it to try it out for communicating with my boyfriend who is deaf. Personally, I love the phone, and I use it for data more than talking. The communication clients on it are fast, and I love the interface of it. Right now, they have a-la-carte services available if you just want to use it for data, or so forth, but I think it would be more costly that way. The plans are a bit pricey for my income (college student working part time internship), so I wish they would release something like 250 minutes/unlimited data--or of course data only plans. Until they do something like that, its just not worth spending 65 before taxes if you will just be using the data.

Helio uses the Sprint network mainly, and Verizon for roaming...I wish there was more 3G available, luckily I live close enough to Charlotte that my town is still within range.
via 8700g~
NintyFresh, wow you are happy with helio ocean. Thank you for share with folks about your expreince taste helio ocean and thank for input. :)

This isn't for me, because I feel like this is alike sidekick.

This is good for young genernations and or newbies/ beginners. Smile

Anyway, you enjoy with your helio ocean in hand. Good Luck..

Back