Hearing women dating deaf/HoH men

hearing women on the other hand care about status. It's the foundation for THEIR attraction. Having any form of disability is considered a negative status in the hearing world.

It is a lie with a dangerous truth inside.
What is status?
What can you do with it?
What is self confidence, and why it is so attractive?
Why don't you try to gain good self confidence?
Why it is so painful to be deaf and why do you allow yourself to suffer?
Why are you so boring?
When or why cannot you turn that disability to an advance?

(the rhetiocal questions are not directed directly to the one who wrote this quote)

It does not explains why most womens fell for doucebags and criminals, or even poor peoples. Why are they cool? :)

The tiger question:
Be so valuable/unique/fun so the hearing people jumps in front of you to protect you from the tiger attack!!!!! :D

(Does not tigers usually attacks in silence?)

There are much more important things in life than the "money and status" issue, and I mean that only 13-16 years old girls only believes that, the society nowadays have made it easy for womens to be self supplicant, so you can go out and cheat more than ever. :)

(allright, I wrote a lot, mostly I feel that it's important for the guys to see at themselves, it may be helpful for somebody)

Beautiful thread. I am deaf guy, and was absolute a d-deaf guy, with extremely low selfconfidence and selfrespect, I was tired by my life, tired by dreaming and have nothing, tired that people always stopped me, tired by working, tired by everything. I wanted to be a D-Deaf guy , a D-Deaf Bastard with a big fat D (who still is rejecting my deafness!), it have taken a lot of pain and work. I have still much more left, but I'm beginning to feeling more comfortable with my deafness, my quirkness, my body, my nothingness, and people sees that. So far, I like that. :)

For the last few years I have met a lot of womens and mens, both deaf and hearing, I wanted to understand the social context, and I found out these things:

1) it's YOU (aka me) who has the responsiblity to be comfortable with other people, they feel what you feel, you (or me) have to learn them, in a short and easy way, showing them it's not a issue. You're deaf, so what?

2) It's too easy to identify with your deafness, telling people the lifestory of your deafness. you're deaf. you're not deaf. you're not yourself without the deafness. you're the space between yourself. you're only yourself. Be fully with yourself, be fully INSIDE your deafness. Or not! :D There is more to life than your deafness.

3) it's really painful to be deaf, much more than the hearing people can understand. That's okay.
4) On the other side the pain makes you more aware of things people cannot see, that's your strength, but it's easy to be blind of your image of yourself.
5) Deafness makes one stronger and more willful because one learned early as a kid not's not a option to give up on the first try. (it's something I like to believe!)
I have met several hearing people who gived up quickly when trying to talk with me. Their loss.
6) Deaf/HoH may have more of a awareness of communication, while the hearing are more relaxed, it's the feeling, not the word who counts, maybe more playful. Both are right, it's a fine balance between the words, both the non-understanding and the understanding of words. I am still trying to understand that balance!

Hearing people don't even hear if you're asking something, because they're always hearing "background noise", so it's phased out. In a bizarre way the hearing people are more deaf than the deaf people themselves...

7) Talking with deaf are more simpler/straigthforward (may comes from the less social interactions, and more awareness with the words) In fact, I may find it a little boring to talk with deaf girls... :o

On the other side the hearing/HoH/deaf girl may find the deaf guy too boring, too tiring to talk with, too slow to talk with, no or little emotions. God, I was really boring for few years ago, when I said something to one girl, she grimased just by that sentence! ( I am still boring, I try to overcome that! )
I was too focused to say things as correctly as possible and to understand what she said so I forgot the emotionally side of my words. Almost nobody likes to read a dry book. :)

I am trying to be more horny, impulsive, wild, cruel, playful, trying to be brave to do all of these things I've been afraid of. Deafness have really scared my ass of myself because it made me so vulnerable and helpless so I have decided to overcome my issues, learning to trust myself.

9) Eye contact are important, I try to show her/he that I'm with him/her by not looking too much at the mouth, I switch between the mouth and eyes.
Once I slowly moved my eyes up from mouth to the eyes to a clerkgirl, she smiled really big, it was a sexually teasing moment for her because I was so slow and drowning. I was too shy to look her straight or quickly in the eyes, so I forced myself to look at the eyes, walking slowly upwards because it felt less painful or scary for me! :D

----

A deaf girl/woman does not need to do that much to meet somebody, they're usually waiting for somebody who can "overcome" their shortcomings.

Boys/men have to fix that for himself, as much he can. I have rejected some girls with normal hearing because they was either too bitchy or just too difficult to talk with, too passive, or somebody I didn't feel comfortable with. (low self esteems sucks).

Many girls have rejected me because I showed weakness or vulnerability, but I see that most people need some time to be comfortable with me, and it took me really long time to understand that some girls wasn't ready for me - for they have some issues.

It's really cruel to be deaf because it's a impending feeling of weakness and the impending feeling of vulnerability, and that's the most difficult thing a guy is forced to overcome it all by himself, building the self confidence by hard and tiresome labour. That's the fun most girls will miss! :)

I KNOW I'M LATE IN THIS CONVERSATION BUT I AM HEARING AND I WOULD LOVE TO DATE A DEAF MAN. LIKE ONE PERSON SAID I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH THE DEAF COMMUNITY SINCE I WAS A YOUNG CHILD AND I STILL AM BUT WHERE ARE THEY CAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A DEAF MAN!:cuddle:

I KNOW I'M LATE IN THIS CONVERSATION BUT I AM HEARING AND I WOULD LOVE TO DATE A DEAF MAN. LIKE ONE PERSON SAID I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH THE DEAF COMMUNITY SINCE I WAS A YOUNG CHILD AND I STILL AM BUT WHERE ARE THEY CAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A DEAF MAN!:cuddle:

Oh, God.....

can you yell a bit louder please ? not sure If I heard (see) you yelling in caps.:giggle:

now thees is a fweery interesting first phost. :shock:

Change

It takes a long time to build trust and not just for deaf people. Good luck, sapphire moon. It sounds like he's a special guy.

In a long-term relationship, the constant is change, and the people must adapt to change with their partners. It's not easy but it's worth it.

Oh Sallylou you are so right and that word applies from the very beginning and ppls ability to adapt to change..ok, I was hearing then 7 yrs ago became deaf. Now I lip read really well and like Alex said get complimented on my good listening skills when I am really trying my best to catch every word by lip reading, this is when I date hearing men. For some reason they love my voice i can't hear myselfso who knows.. BUT and this is a big but (not mine) laughing...I notice I get ticked after a time because the hearing guy takes me out with his friends and I am expected to just blend right in. Now I am not a shy person and since I speak perfectly I can catch a word or two while a group are speaking and join in...they never know..here is the but, after some time my feelings change about not having my date clue me in on what I missed..(everyone is laughing but me???) sorta thing. I have also dated HOH and deaf men....both were successful career types and they were so interested in how I functioned so well being deaf, keep in mind my signing is poor...ok so..then with both of them there came a change...one wanted to
write everything down for me..UGH and it annoyed me and I asked them to please just speak to me..both spoke so that I could read their lips...the other guy who was completely deaf was agitated because I was not a good signer and after about 6 months he told me i was an embarrassment to him and just to damn much trouble...so I would agree it really is not if they are deaf or Hearing it is more who that person is..are they patient, attentive, are you both at the same intelligence level? and sooner or later Love will find a way
See I gotta believe that because a year ago I was attacked and had a traumatic Brain Injury I am almost back to normal...with a few limitations one being I can not remember or retain some information and wouldn't you know it my ASL is gone and as much as I try to relearn...nothing..so...I will be ready to date again soon but I am trusting that the right man will meet me and appreciate me for all that I do have to offer in a relationship..I still speak well and can still read lips so...we will see...I know I have adapted to my change..if I hadn't I would still be a victim of it...and so it goes...

Oh No

It seems like a lot of hearing men come in here asking for advice on how to date a deaf girl. Also, in my experience, it often seems like the majority of "mixed" relationships are usually a hearing man with a deaf woman. Even on this forum, it seems to be more often the case.

In my own personal experience, I have dated several hearing women, but I think I've had A LOT of potential relationships that never developed because of my hearing. And even though my previous relationships ended for whatever reasons, I do think my hearing was a factor each time. Maybe that's a faulty view. (Maybe I'm just a jerk, LOL! but I don't think that's true either. At least I hope not! :|)

I wonder about this. Assuming my observations are correct, why are hearing men more apt to find a deaf mate, but hearing women aren't as interested in a deaf mate?

Any theories? I have my own, but I'll withhold it and see what others have to say.

Ok I might get banned for talking to you again so i am responding to your question..after someone else's comment..this is ridiculous..Midnight♥♥♥

LIKE ONE PERSON SAID I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH THE DEAF COMMUNITY SINCE I WAS A YOUNG CHILD AND I STILL AM BUT WHERE ARE THEY CAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A DEAF MAN!:cuddle:

:aw: Maybe the deaf community is just not that into you. There are plenty of communities in the sea, you'll find the exotic linguistically-connected culture of your dreams, just give it a little time.

I see nothing wrong dating a deaf or HOH man. I've wanted to but never tried to because I never came across one through the years lol.

I would think it would be nice to have someone who understands you in ways a lot of other hearing people couldn't.

But what I think it is with hearing women is some are just very narrow-minded and expects their ideal man to be perfect in every way. Those are the judgmental women I can't stand.

Can't judge a book by its cover, someone can be beautiful on the outside but ugly inside.

That does fit into my theory, but I think it's got to be more than just that...

Also, Bott, any idea why hearing women aren't as interested in deaf men?

I have an idea why. Several years ago, a sister of a friend who was contracted to design a new hearing aid (she's a product designer) did a blind survey of hearing people's reactions to the sound of a deaf person speaking. Assumptions they made based on hearing that recording.

By far, women, when asked if they would want to have a conversation with a deaf person who spoke that way, they said no because they are uncomfortable about speaking with someone who sounded "retarded". Women are, by nature, communicators and they tend to be far more judgemental of someone who is not speaking clearly or is not able to keep up with what they're saying, either in social groups,, telephones, etc etc. The majority of the women who answered the questionnaire - admitted they would not go out of their way to befriend someone who can't hear and doesn't speak that well.

Men, on the other hand, they were much less judgemental.

Maybe that explains why all my childhood friends were boys. I was bullied the most by girls, not boys.

I have an idea why. Several years ago, a sister of a friend who was contracted to design a new hearing aid (she's a product designer) did a blind survey of hearing people's reactions to the sound of a deaf person speaking. Assumptions they made based on hearing that recording.

By far, women, when asked if they would want to have a conversation with a deaf person who spoke that way, they said no because they are uncomfortable about speaking with someone who sounded "retarded". Women are, by nature, communicators and they tend to be far more judgemental of someone who is not speaking clearly or is not able to keep up with what they're saying, either in social groups,, telephones, etc etc. The majority of the women who answered the questionnaire - admitted they would not go out of their way to befriend someone who can't hear and doesn't speak that well.

Men, on the other hand, they were much less judgemental.

Maybe that explains why all my childhood friends were boys. I was bullied the most by girls, not boys.

That's very interesting. And also very shallow. :(

So, it is very common for HOH and deaf guys to be single,right? If so,I wish most people would understand that.

I remember in my teen yrs,this girl really liked me but she made fun of my grammar. I dont have perfect grammar. She pretty much changed her feelings about me. Fookin' women! We did made out,tho. She pretty much denied it. I do think hearing women are embarrassed to be with a deaf guy b/c they probably think they can do better. They are afraid to be seen with a deaf guy. It is so stupid!

I am single and now I see why. Thanks for explanations. I never really have female friends and a lot of ppl dont understand why. It is not my choice to not have female friends. It is how life is,for deaf guys like me. So, I get judged. I ask God,why is it like this. Life is so weird.

I have to go to strip club when I want some female company and touching. I am 34,today and dont go very oft3n.

I think I deserve nothing but happiness but it doesnt work out that way. I guess I say fuck the world. :lol:

Last edited:
as a hearing women
i think a fear is that he wont be able to make a living...

if i knew more signs i would totally go out with a deaf cutie

Last edited:
as a hearing women
i think a fear is that he wont be able to make a living...

Very true.....I can feel vibe from women and read their minds. What are my chances now that I receive money from government? Gaurantee income each month. Women will always find excuses to not date deaf guys. It is how women are,making excuses.

Two excuses women make I can think of: He is too lazy,I serious read that somewhere here and I was stunned. Another excuse is, not enough money.It is always about money to women. #1 on the argument list of couples is money issue.

Very true.....I can feel vibe from women and read their minds. What are my chances now that I receive money from government? Gaurantee income each month. Women will always find excuses to not date deaf guys. It is how women are,making excuses.

Two excuses women make I can think of: He is too lazy,I serious read that somewhere here and I was stunned. Another excuse is, not enough money.It is always about money to women. #1 on the argument list of couples is money issue.

Many of us women don't base our relationships on money. Some do, I totally get that. But many don't.

Last edited:
Sometime I do find women who would say they rather not date with deaf men. It could be many different reason. I think mostly its the fact they are not sure how to handle around deaf man. They may feel like we are "Handicapped" but we know its not true. There are many deaf people I've seen do make us look bad, when they are very intelligence yet, they go around begging for help and want to be treated as handicapped so they can save money or they don't want to be burden with responsibility. So therefore, a hearing woman would look at the deaf men and feel they would have to take care of us instead of taking care of them. Its not very often I would find hearing woman who would be willing to date deaf man like me. I'm always on a lookout for an intelligence beautiful hearing woman.

What's the context for that figure? 90% of such *marriages* break up, or 90% of dating couples, or what? And did she mean of couples who were in that hearing/deaf combination when they met, or of all such mixed couples, including those where one partner lost their hearing after the couple was married?

Thing is, I would not be surprised if 90% (or maybe even more) of all couples break up, if you're just talking about dating couples. It can take a lot of dating before a person finds the one to marry; from that standpoint, most everyone who is still single at age 35, say, has probably broken up with several partners by that time, regardless of hearing status.

Re: the financial issue, that probably does make a difference to women, and I don't think it automatically means they are shallow. Even today, women typically make less money than men. It's not shallow to wonder about how a man's lack of income will affect their lives together, especially if a woman is thinking about children. Does she want to stay home with the babies for a while, or would she feel comfortable being the sole support of the family while dad stays home? Does she make enough herself to be the sole support of a family?

Those are tricky questions to discuss, especially early on in a relationship, and especially if discussion is difficult due to hearing differences anyway.

Back