Hearing service dog

She's just too freaking cute! That's really awesome.

Those dog may be great service dogs but if a person plans on bring their service dog everywhere they could run to trouble . I know hearing dogs are allowed to stores and restaurants etc but some mangers give a person a hard time as they do not want their customers already in the restaurants
to start freaking out. A Dobe and Pitties service dog should only be given to a person that not afraid to speak up for their self .

I recognize that people may be nervious of some breeds, but for myself, they'd be indoor hearing dogs. You've got to understand though that you just can't win. Some people are afraid of the most gentle of dogs just because they have a fear of the animal so don't let that be the main factor in choosing a dog. The most imporant consideration is how they relate to you and the task at hand. Outdoor dogs will have a harder time given that many stores or restaurants still don't fully recognize service animals....which needs to change.

Service Dog

I recognize that people may be nervious of some breeds, but for myself, they'd be indoor hearing dogs. You've got to understand though that you just can't win. Some people are afraid of the most gentle of dogs just because they have a fear of the animal so don't let that be the main factor in choosing a dog. The most imporant consideration is how they relate to you and the task at hand. Outdoor dogs will have a harder time given that many stores or restaurants still don't fully recognize service animals....which needs to change.

I use a service dog and I am also a service dog trainer. My personal service dog is a rough coat collie. He comes with me everywhere......EVERYWHERE. No one has ever said a word. I have also trained GSD's as service dogs and again, they come with me everywhere. No one has ever said anything. Restaurants, shopping malls, doctor appointments, hospital, grocery store, Target, airport ..... you name it, and we have been there.

Graceland,

you're in Madison - are you with Occupaws or one of the ones in that area?

I'm also in WI and have worked with service dogs and am a trainer.

I'm wondering if certain areas may be more knowledgable or accepting than others

Back