Hearing school

I want to correct myself - the approach would be to find an education that fits. I meant that if its a challenging situation like mainstream school I would probably change that to deaf school (seen as most impractical given family situation) or do something highly supplementary like using a sign language interpreter so that the student would not be left out. Not sure how to edit on these forums just yet.

Kaywolf - I hope you find happiness in everyday. You can do a lot.

I want to correct myself - the approach would be to find an education that fits. I meant that if its a challenging situation like mainstream school I would probably change that to deaf school (seen as most impractical given family situation) or do something highly supplementary like using a sign language interpreter so that the student would not be left out. Not sure how to edit on these forums just yet.

Kaywolf - I hope you find happiness in everyday. You can do a lot.

Exactly..... for those of us who advocate for a deaf school or a dhh program, we're advocating for an education that FITS... that means offering a variety of approaches not just Inclusion as the Gold Standard. Inclusion means One Size Fits All....It sounds good....but it means that kids who aren't average, miss out....Did you know that GIFTED kids often struggle in the mainstream, with aquirring a quality education too? I think too it's important to acknowledge and realize that placement needs can and do change as the kid gets older

A long time ago I went to NJSD (formerly MKSD) from K-12. A few nerds and students who were slow learners were bullied infrequently which was not that bad. BTW, it was a great school for all of us.

Back