Hearing interpreter vs coda interpreter

Eddie Jay

Reaction score
Generally speaking the differences of "hearing" interps and CODA interpreters.

I have found that "hearing" interps are generally more sensitive in our deaf world oppsed to CODA.

I also have found that "hearing" interps are generally known to behave they know everything and for us deaf should listen to them.
Many times over, towards the end, I have found they're just bossy lonely people, except for CODA.

CODA interpreters are just like us, wishing they're are more than "hearing" terps.

Any opinions, other than the sensitive rants "hearing" interpreters interps.?

I am with you agree! I sometime think why need all the hearing when have better CODA, don't care what book say need to understand now not know how smart thinking they are.

Understand better CODA sign know which what important helping us understand keep up not change meaning our words or meaning other words interp from hearing

I've run into 1 interpreter who expounded on their 'belief' of what deaf should do regarding working and communication (thinks that speech is good...wtf?). I've run into many that can be a bit personal but I don't mind too much of that (including 'how did you become deaf? oy).

In the last 4ish years though I didn't have that much opportunities to have an interpreter...3 to 5. Last one was at a "Demo Day"- where students of a coding bootcamp cohort show off their projects (they're close to graduating). I had already said yes to going but was considering skipping...until the director told me she procured (got) an interpreter for me. I thought that was impressive she did so as usually I have trouble even getting anyone's attention about accessibility. Makes me want to go there more...I just need to win the lottery or something...

CODA interpreters... I may have interacted with in the past- actually yes I did...recently. His signing skill to me was about on par as most "hearing" interpreters I've interacted with interestingly, maybe a bit less.

Back