Hearing guy. wanting to learn more asl

RLee

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.
My name is Ryan, and I live in southern Mississippi.
I took an ASL class from De L'Epee deaf center around here, and it was great. At the time, I owned a small diving company that was really gouging into my free time.
Long story short - I ruptured my eardrum diving, and now I have all the free time in the world!
Bad news is that I missed the startup of the next class and other classes don't start until January.

Anyways, I'm looking for someone to sign with.. a lot. I'd really liked to be immersed in learning ASL. It's how I learn best.

Other than that, I'm a disabled (just mentally.. it's ok. Haha) Marine combat veteran. A commercial diver(pre ear explosion). And I used to be an EMT! So.. hopefully I can be at least a little entertaining?
Thank you for reading. I realize now that I may have ranted a bit.

:welcome:

Thank you for your service to our country.

I have a skype, if youd like to sign sometime.

Hey! I would love to try! I live out in the woods though. At the moment, my internet is being worked on. To be honest, at its best, it's still pretty bad, haha. My phone is faster... when it will connect. The price to pay for living semi-rural.
But! If you can put up with a possible bad connection and a definitely bad signer, then I'd be willing to try.

Haha my connections is bad a lot too. its started to get better but I'm definitely used to bad wifi.

Hey! And thanks. I just read your post. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. I'm just learning myself, or I would offer.
well, from what I have been told by my doctor that sometimes starting with someone who is hearing and actively learning ASL is a good course of action. Mainly because if you have questions, you are able to learn and expand your knowledge base at the same time. Right now, I am just looking for any help at all. And believe me, I am as green on ASL as green can get.

well, from what I have been told by my doctor that sometimes starting with someone who is hearing and actively learning ASL is a good course of action. Mainly because if you have questions, you are able to learn and expand your knowledge base at the same time. Right now, I am just looking for any help at all. And believe me, I am as green on ASL as green can get.

I'm definitely willing to do what I can! I'm working on getting skype set up now. I'll get back with you when that's taken care of.
That's the best way I've seen to communicate, and will be reliant on my crap internet service.

I'm definitely willing to do what I can! I'm working on getting skype set up now. I'll get back with you when that's taken care of.
That's the best way I've seen to communicate, and will be reliant on my crap internet service.
Oh, that's ok. My WiFi recently decided to take a turn for the worse. What a great time to do so... esp since i will be using it to communicate from now on...

Hi ! And I also thank you for your service to our country and no you didn't rant at all . You gave an very nice introduction yourself .

Hi there thank you for your service!!! I am also hearing I have a son who is hoh and been looking for asl friends to help me practice better I know a bit I'm just trying to be better at my speed lol

Back