Hearing Girl seeks Relationship period.

bitner90

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Amanda. I'm a 24 hearing girl from Missouri who is seeking a relationship period. Dating sucks period no matter if you are hearing or deaf. I don't believe in labels usually but it seems like more and more when I talk with deaf people you are either hearing, hard of hearing of deaf, each have their own culture their own reasons to be proud of who they are. I am a teaching student currently getting my teaching degree I plan to later get my degree in deaf education. I think it would be an amazing thing to teach deaf/hoh kids about history (history is my subject). I am a good person with a fascination with the deaf world. I don't know exactly if those are the right terms to use but that's just how it is. The few deaf people I know are amazing talented people and I can not help but love and be inspired by them. They do not let their deafness define them and why should it? We are all different in our own ways and that's what makes the world such an interesting place. I'm really easy to talk to I've been told and I love meeting new people so hit me up if you wanna chat. :)

Last edited:
I doubt someone would seriously reply to your offer but some words of advice: try to at least participate in the many threads we have here or even start some threads. For example try starting some threads on history, it would help get the ball rolling. It's just pretty awkward starting a relationship with this approach and in my opinion you would enjoy a better lasting relationship focusing on the dialogue and sharing experiences rather than just focusing on the relationship itself.

:welcome:

This is not a dating site but you are welcome to join in the thread discussions.

Maybe your right. Seems like all I am doing is making an idiot out myself so maybe it's time to stop period.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Maybe your right. Seems like all I am doing is making an idiot out myself so maybe it's time to stop period.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AllDeaf App mobile app

No, don't give up. Just jump into conversations and get to KNOW us as actual PEOPLE. That's how you get to know people and become friends with them. There's no magic spell to get into realtionships. Just get to know people as friends, and then who knows? Maybe it will turn into something more!

Thank you that's nice of you to say. I guess I don't know much about it and its defiantly not like I'm desperately searching for someone. I'm happy being who I am but I realize now that it came out that way. Sometimes I can be awkward when I'm new at something and commuting with anyone over the internet is hard for me in general. I'm more of in person kind of person. I wish I could just delete it makes me feel so stupid...

You might still be able to go back and edit it since nobody has quoted you yet.

Yea I think they have but It's okay sometime you just have to laugh at yourself and mistakes and move on and I should never look back at this thread again that's probably a good start. :)

You can ask to get it locked but you'll need to post a few more comments before you can send a PM .

Back