Hearing Gay Teen looking for Deaf Guys

Jammies97

Reaction score
Hi I'm Zack I'm 16 and I'm looking for teens to maybe help me with my signing skills :) I'm also gay! If you want you can kik me or reply on here whatever works! (My kik is Proud2beRainbows)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I like to pride myself on being the gayest of homo's around.... Seriously.... I'm going to assume kik is some sort of gay app... Why was I not aware of this!??! It must be some teen thing.... :squint: Maybe it's a guy thing... :squint: Either way, I'm leery.... Not looking for it and getting a virus! :ugh: :welcome: either way.

I like to pride myself on being the gayest of homo's around.... Seriously.... I'm going to assume kik is some sort of gay app... Why was I not aware of this!??! It must be some teen thing.... :squint: Maybe it's a guy thing... :squint: Either way, I'm leery.... Not looking for it and getting a virus! :ugh: :welcome: either way.

:lol: It's a messenger app...

Of course hearing teens who show up looking for a deaf hook up no matter their persuasion creep me out. :ugh:

:lol: It's a messenger app...

Of course hearing teens who show up looking for a deaf hook up no matter their persuasion creep me out. :ugh:

Yeah , I keep wondering what it about hearing people looking a deaf or hoh person to date. I dated hearing people but they where not looking for a HOH woman, if they where that would had freaked me out. It would felt like I was being stalk .

I'm not looking for a "hook up" I was just looking for someone to help sign and relate to but obviously this isn't the place I assumed it to be....and deaf people and HOH don't seem as nice and helpful as I've been lead to believe
Sorry for bothering people

I'm not looking for a "hook up" I was just looking for someone to help sign and relate to but obviously this isn't the place I assumed it to be....and deaf people and HOH don't seem as nice and helpful as I've been lead to believe

No problem. Of course when you say you are a hearing gay teen looking for deaf guys, you can probably see how that would be perceived if you give it a little thought.

Plus we have only a few teens, and they are mostly girls...

And no we are not really all nice and helpful.. We are just like any other population.

Some of us are quite mean and snarky after a lifetime of this garbage. :wave:

No problem. Of course when you say you are a hearing gay teen looking for deaf guys, you can probably see how that would be perceived if you give it a little thought.

Plus we have only a few teens, and they are mostly girls...

And no we are not really all nice and helpful.. We are just like any other population.

Some of us are quite mean and snarky after a lifetime of this garbage. :wave:

5 Stars to you, Botti!

I don't think it has to do only with your asking it has to do with the fact that most hearing people keep coming on here asking for stupid things like I just read a post where a person was asking about SSI? Who does that?! And it's how you ask a person/persons that ales the difference, I am hearing but have a deaf cousin and I didn't join here to ask for help there are classes for that even I take them and phone apps and getting to know people no matter their community is what should matter. Maybe then the hearing that are here to make friends and learn about being apart of a beautiful community won't get kicked out or spoken down to curtsy of those few who r here posting about their homework or asking for help. Just a thought "/

Zack, you would have better chance asking for help with signs if you go to a deaf club or where deaf or hearing people learning signs meet up. You can check meetup.com or deaf coffee chat by doing search on the internet. They usually meet at a certain day once a month. The ones near me are mostly hearing ASL students looking to sign to each other with a few deaf people mixed in it.

Another way is to go to thread where hearing people are looking for ASL buddies. You could try hooking up there.

http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/75678-students-looking-asl-buddies.html

I really have to wonder what it was in life that lead you to believe deaf people are "nice and helpful"? Of course anyone can be nice and helpful, but like what life experience made you stop and think "oh wow, deaf people are just SO NICE"

Thats going to be the case in all walks of life. Im sorry if your expectations weren't met. I would lovecto spend learning time with you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I don't see why all you guys are jumping down this kid's throat! Okay so the way he worded his request to make friends who would practice signing with him was odd... hes a freaking teenager! You guys are just being mean I dont care if you guys get hearing creepers asking you strange stuff doesn't mean that every hearing person interested in deaf culture and learning sign language is a hearing creeper. And honestly as a community you guys have been less than welcoming to the hearing ppl on this site. And its shameful

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Read his title. Posted in LGBT relationships. If that does NOT look like a hook up post, don't know what does...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Suppose this was the ALLFRENCH site. In this site was the LGBT section lounge. Then someone post's he's German looking for French gay guys to speak French with. Would you have insulted him and questioned his integrity like the way Jammies was treated? I don't think so. Would you send him to school to look for practice buddies? If you did, did you refer him to the lgbt practice groups? Then why have an LGBT lounge if you're just going to as hateful as straights? SMH!!!

Perhaps Jammies was just looking to practice sign with another gay person so that he didn't have to feel self-conscious about being gay. I get the whole "creeper" thing, and I agree that the request for help could have been worded in a way that didn't suggest he wanted to hook up (which I didn't read it that way in the first place). There are hearing people who fantasize about having European boyfriends. There are straight girls who search out ONLY gay guys as friends. And, it appears, there are gay hearing boys who want to make ASL friends with other teens (he never specified gender). That doesn't mean they deserve to be slapped in the face and sent packing. How culturally aware were we at the age of 16?

Back