Hearing deaf Relationship help

Hearing-momma

Reaction score
Hi, ok so i have been in a relationship with my deaf boyfriend for a year and a half we now have a beautiful daughter Together. We have struggled in our relationship with communication obviously. Recently it seams like all we do is text. I have been learning and studying deaf culture and trying understand him better but he continually shuts me down stops explaining things, we focus alot on our daughter but when i try to get him to try focus a little on or relationship he just says not to worry about us and to focus on our daughter. Im worried because i still love him and want to be with him but it is so stressful and complicated with him. Is there any hearing partners on her that can give me advice???

I think that he's just worried that things might get a little hard when trying to communicate in the future. If you really love him, I think that you should maybe surprise him with some new signs that you've learned, or show him something new about the hearing culture. I think he just needs reassurance that everything will be just fine, and if he won't talk to you about it, text him about it. Maybe there's something going on and he doesn't want to talk about it, but you need to let him know that you're there for him no matter what. The point is, you have to let him know that everything is going to be ok. He might have doubts about the relationship and you should let him know that he shouldn't be worried.

Is your boyfriend fluent in ASL, and use sign in his daily life? Then the answer for you is to learn ASL. Your daughter is young enough it'd be great for her to become fluent so she can communicate with her father. You can't have a relationship unless you learn his language.

I need to hear search find a big man another. I teach learning sign language with communication. Myself single wait a long time

You don't need to rely anyone in order to be happy.

Hearing people are so lazy and they have a better ability to stir things up unnecessarily ... I would stay clear from hearing people. Stick with interpreter, deaf or HOH. Communication is critical at all cost as possible. Any slight misunderstandings can be an ordeal. Hearing people are great, yes, but to have a relationship with them is very tricky.

Back