Hearing aids pimped again!

DeafNerdMommy

Reaction score
I went and got some washi tape. 3 colors light blue, navy blue(looks black in the pic ), and green. And I did the outside part light blue the back navy blue and the inside green, now I can remember which was they go lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Attachments

• 1452068745385.jpg
    1452068745385.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 1452068755598.jpg
    1452068755598.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 53
Looks cool! I have never pimped my HAs.

I just got brand-new HAs on Tuesday, and I went with silver. My first time ever anything other than Boring Beige.

I couldn't bring myself to get the red or black or blue ones. Silver was as wild as I was willing to go. :lol:

Do you have a picture?
If I get aids, I'd like to get some colors...I like purple!

If bot post hers they pimp swanky I like them.Mine silver .i got psoriatiis come on face ears and arms unable wear then make skin bleed very uncomfortable

Do you have a picture?

I don't recall purple as one of the color options for the ones I got. It really does depend on what brand and options you get.

Do you have a picture?

Phonak and Oticon offer a lot of purple. You need to ask the audiologist to show you the models that have good colors.

My Phonak Sky Q UP is kind of a sea green color, and I have different color hooks to give more variation.

true, AC....but you may not like purple anyway:)
more important you like what you chose.

:ty: for your suggestions, Botti!

Sea green makes me think of something warm and peaceful, like a gentle breeze over a field of June wildflowers

I wanted colored ones but I got to chose from beige, silver, or black because that was all oticon had in 2012. So I decided I would buy colored tape and change them up as much as I want. I need to get some colored tubes and proper custome earmolds lol

I wish I could get colorful hearing aids but seems Oticon is now focusing the colors towards pediatric rather than across the spectrum from kids to adults :(.

Stuck with beige because VR no doubt won't pay for fancier colors.

I wish I could get colorful hearing aids but seems Oticon is now focusing the colors towards pediatric rather than across the spectrum from kids to adults :(.

Stuck with beige because VR no doubt won't pay for fancier colors.

Are you sure? I know for the ones I got (ReSound), the price was exactly the same no matter what color I chose. Maybe not the case for other brands ...

Are you sure? I know for the ones I got (ReSound), the price was exactly the same no matter what color I chose. Maybe not the case for other brands ...

Yeah, I don't think the color has anything to do with the price. Though maybe the pediatric (which tend to have more colors) are more expensive than the adults??

I don't know. You may be right but the audiologist said something about not being able to do it. Oh well. Next pair I guess. I had one years ago talk me out of it... "what if you get bored of it?" (I'm already bored with beige!) and "it's not professional looking" (So? most people don't even notice).

If I can ever either win the lottery or get a job will save up and see about switching out for colors- course by that time I may need new ones anyway lol.

Yea my audi wouldn't let me get the colored oticon because in 2012 they only had the kid ones. But now they have colored ones but they don't work for my hearing loss or some bs like that....

Yea my audi wouldn't let me get the colored oticon because in 2012 they only had the kid ones. But now they have colored ones but they don't work for my hearing loss or some bs like that....

I call BS too. I believe the kids HAs are the exact same as the adults but with optional things like child-proof battery doors.
I'm thankful my audiologist doesn't force her views (like DD's) on me.
I wear Phonaks. They have reduced the number of colors available but I'm still able to get blue ones.

You should be able to find out what colors are available on Oticons website. If they don't show on the consumer site go to the professionals site (there should be a link).

Back