hearing aids payment assistance

that suxs.. When I switched from analog to digital - I keep telling my audi that there were sounds missing and he keeps saying I need to get used to it and adjust to it since its the digital age. well -- I ll tell you what -- I still hate it after 6-8 yrs on digital. My audi admitted that the more expensive HA's with more channels more bands to play with and adjust would be the ticket for me. But guess what -- 6-12k for HA's and my lifesytle doesnt fit with expensive toys. I like to go outside alot and work/play in all kinds of weather from sun to rain to snow. sigh.

:jaw:

*Thud* daaaamn. Now I am REALLY hoping VR will pay for them this time. Am going to try to angle it as "they are needed to improve my chances with employment hunting etc". I liked my analog aids better too- I didn't have to max out the power as much on them. With the digital I do- crank 'em up to the max volume and still have issues hearing. Fiddling with them has also caused the aids to squeal on me any time I hear a certain sound/pitch (Mrs Olsen's voice on Little House on the Prairie was one that set off my hearing aids- it was really freaky).

Every time I've had VR pay for my aids, I had to use THEIR choice of Audiologists and most times wound up having to go with specific brands with no choice in the matter. Last time they wouldn't let me pick a color (I wanted blue or green...:( ) either "that's not professional looking"-- I don't care I want 'em!

that suxs.. When I switched from analog to digital - I keep telling my audi that there were sounds missing and he keeps saying I need to get used to it and adjust to it since its the digital age. well -- I ll tell you what -- I still hate it after 6-8 yrs on digital. My audi admitted that the more expensive HA's with more channels more bands to play with and adjust would be the ticket for me. But guess what -- 6-12k for HA's and my lifesytle doesnt fit with expensive toys. I like to go outside alot and work/play in all kinds of weather from sun to rain to snow. sigh.

You need to find a new audiologist if she is charging you $12K for HA's.

You need to find a new audiologist if she is charging you $12K for HA's.

no.. at the time I was trying a few models, I picked one that is almost 2k ha's. he showed me the better models that wouldve helped me better and showed me his cost from manufacturer. he normally dont show secrets like that but he did.

look - so far my searches and all of AD responses here tells me that there isnt really any help, you are either lucky to get help of some sort if your income is low enough or age is low enough.

no.. at the time I was trying a few models, I picked one that is almost 2k ha's. he showed me the better models that wouldve helped me better and showed me his cost from manufacturer. he normally dont show secrets like that but he did.

look - so far my searches and all of AD responses here tells me that there isnt really any help, you are either lucky to get help of some sort if your income is low enough or age is low enough.

I got no help for my HA's, but I have never seen a single HA cost $6000+, or $12,000 for a pair. Top of the line HA's for a PAIR run in the $6000-6500 range retail.

I think I have heard/seen something about a pair costing in the neighborhood of 8,000.

Wouldn't surprise me...

Mine cost so much because of them being charged by the unit and trying to fit channels for my loss. It didn't help I chose aids that were higher priced but I liked the aids. However, I'm paying for them myself so I got ones I wanted.

You haven't asked me....I only paid $250 for the aid.

Back