Hearing aids for profound losses

:roll: VR is worthless.

That's true. I did closed my case because I am not ready for find a new job. I want to focus on school. But I need to get a new HA. I am going to see my audiologist appointment on Wednesday. But I can't afford to buy another new HA.

pinky,
try lyons club or something in you area that is a big "club" sometimes they will help donate to give ha's

pinky,
try lyons club or something in you area that is a big "club" sometimes they will help donate to give ha's

Ok. Can I find Lyons Club in my area? Do you have website? I want to see it. Or I get CI?

With over 120db of amplification, 20+ channels, and digital signal processing hearings can work with profound hearing loss. They may not work for all, but many with profound hearing loss can and have used them. I personally know 2 deafies with profound hearing loss that have hearing aids.

With over 120db of amplification, 20+ channels, and digital signal processing hearings can work with profound hearing loss. They may not work for all, but many with profound hearing loss can and have used them. I personally know 2 deafies with profound hearing loss that have hearing aids.

I am honest with you. I like to have a mini BTE instead of bulky. My husband said my BTE look fine not bulky. I can't get mini BTE because of my hearing loss level is 110 db. It's suck! I wish for BTE have a style and fashion instead of boring beige.

I am honest with you. I like to have a mini BTE instead of bulky. My husband said my BTE look fine not bulky. I can't get mini BTE because of my hearing loss level is 110 db. It's suck! I wish for BTE have a style and fashion instead of boring beige.

Many of the digital hearing aids now amplify way beyond that. The dsp technology supposedly adds lots of clarity too. Also the more channels is not always better. I know many look for that but if you hearing loss is more flat, all the way across, more channels would not be better.

I personally like the plain jane beige myself :D but hearing aids in the past were never a fashion statement for me. Bte is probably best for someone with profound hearing loss. I agree with that. I would give them a try if I were you, you have nothing to lose.

Best of luck to you :)

That's nice to discuss with you. I can hear with hearing aids. If I don't wear them. I can't hear anything. I can hear my dog's barking, my husband's laugh at TV. I can hear the music but not exact a sound like hoh or hearing. You know I am talking about? When I got a newsletter with good news about digital hearing aids. My husband and I went to audiologist last few years ago. He said I can't get a digital because of my hearing level. I was alike that's bullshit. I never hear of it. Until I found AllDeaf's hearing aids forum to discuss. I found it about analog and digital will help for hearing loss with profound. That's so interesting and new to me. I want to figure it how to work it out about digital and analog is the best for profound. I don't want to waste the money to buy HA or CI. I need to make a decide. My husband is hearing. He don't care if I am deaf. He said, "It up to you if you want to get a new HA or CI. I don't care if you are still deaf no matter what. I still love you. I will always support you for wish".

Many of the digital hearing aids now amplify way beyond that. The dsp technology supposedly adds lots of clarity too. Also the more
channels is not always better. I know many look for that but if you hearing loss is more flat, all the way across, more channels would not be better.

I personally like the plain jane beige myself :D but hearing aids in the past were never a fashion statement for me. Bte is probably best for someone with profound hearing loss. I agree with that. I would give them a try if I were you, you have nothing to lose.

Best of luck to you :)

That's true. I did closed my case because I am not ready for find a new job. I want to focus on school. But I need to get a new HA. I am going to see my audiologist appointment on Wednesday. But I can't afford to buy another new HA.

If you chose to close your case, how is it that VR is responsible? They are there to assist you in finding employment. You said you didn't want to find a new job. Its not that they failed you, its that you decided to didn't want to use their services. VR stands for Vocational Rehabilitation. The purpose of the agency is to assist with vocational issues. VR can and does provide HA assistance to clients who are actively seeking employment, are engaged in training or education, or are currently working and need a new HA as part of their accommodations. But if you just want them to help you with the cost of an HA, and not work, then they are not mandated to pay for your HA.

The Lions Club will assist those in the lower income brackets who are unable to work, or parents who are working but unable to afford the devise their child needs. However,they, to have criteria that must be met, and simply choosing not to work may disqualify you from their services as well. I doubt very seriously that an organization such as the Lions Club would assist you in getting a CI.

If you chose to close your case, how is it that VR is responsible? They are there to assist you in finding employment. You said you didn't want to find a new job. Its not that they failed you, its that you decided to didn't want to use their services.

No. I am going back to school. VR can't do anything with education. VR is for job. I am not ready for find a new job. I need to go back to school to get a degree. I rather not mention about my past this thread. So don't worry about me. This is topic for hearing aids. Let me talk to you on PM.

No. I am going back to school. VR can't do anything with education. VR is for job. I am not ready for find a new job. I need to go back to school to get a degree. I rather not mention about my past this thread. So don't worry about me. This is topic for hearing aids. Let me talk to you on PM.

VR can and does pay for eductional costs for those who need training and/or education to assist them in becoming employable.

I know what the thread is about. I was simply replying to the statements you made abour VR.

VR can and does pay for eductional costs for those who need training and or education to assist them in becoming employable.

I know what the thread is about.

In my hometown's VR STINK!!!! I can't move to other city because of my husband's college in our hometown. We have to wait. Ohh well.

VR can and does pay for eductional costs for those who need training and/or education to assist them in becoming employable.

I know what the thread is about. I was simply replying to the statements you made abour VR.

Now I will probably look stupid. But when I was young, Voc Rehab did not give me option for school, but put me to group home and work as janitor.

I fought my way out of it all. But I am not a big supporter of VR.

Maybe things are much different now.

Now I will probably look stupid. But when I was young, Voc Rehab did not give me option for school, but put me to group home and work as janitor.

I fought my way out of it all. But I am not a big supporter of VR.

Maybe things are much different now.

Things are different. And the agency is still undergoing change that will improve the services. A lot of it is dependent upon funding issues.

However, I have a deaf student who gets VR services while he works on his Bacelor degree. A portion of his tuition and his books are paid for by VR, the rest is paid through Federal grants.

We have several non-traditional students with acquired disabilities that VR also contributes to their eductional expenses, as they were no longer capable of doing the job they had prior to disability.

The primary goal of VR is to assist the individual in obtaining and maintaining gainful employment. They will mediate on the job for needed accommodations, they will assist with eductional expenses if that is what is needed to achieve the goal, they provide job skills training and supported employment, if that is necessary, etc, etc, etc. And, you also have to keep in mind that when someone signs up for VR services, and then later decides that they don't want to work for what ever reason, funding is cut. Those cuts affect the services they are able to provide for the next person down the road.

VR assisted in college cost my first year of college. Even after I did not meet the qualifications, they still kept my file open. Only closed if after I obtained my first teaching job.

I did not have VR pay for hearing aids, my family and I covered the cost. That is why I wore my last aids for 14 years. Many audies will work with you on the cost of HA. With my profound loss, I did not get any benefit from digital. I used them on a trial as I decided for CI or not. I lasted a few weeks on them and back to my Unitrons.

In my hometown's VR STINK!!!! I can't move to other city because of my husband's college in our hometown. We have to wait. Ohh well.

I can't see how VR will be different in any other town. My case manager was better in one office then the other. I think it is more about the case managers not the office. Remember they are limited by funds. Also like Jillio said they are Vocational, the goal is job placement or career training.

I can't see how VR will be different in any other town. My case manager was better in one office then the other. I think it is more about the case managers not the office. Remember they are limited by funds. Also like Jillio said they are Vocational, the goal is job placement or career training.

I know that. I am talking about VR can't do anything with new HA. Read my posts

Back