Hearing Aid's Channels Discussion

What's the point of having channels built in digital hearing aids ?, like 3 to 15 Channels which is mostly found in HA's specification list

What's the point of having channels built in digital hearing aids ?, like 3 to 15 Channels which is mostly found in HA's specification list
Correct me if I am wrong but basically I BELIEVE they act like "pipes" to various devices. IE if you have a streamer then that would take up one of the channels and so on.

Yes, the different channels help “fine tune” the hearing experience. Amazing if they are used well, expensive and useless if the audiologist shut them down ( like my audiologist the worst ever)

DeafDucky

Hmmm I have 5 'programs' (or at least I can cycle through five different beep tones...) I only usually use the first 2... 'regular volume/every day listening' and the T-Coil. I've no idea what the others do. They all sound the same to me.

MCB

I have three. Regular, fan suppression, and t-coil. I got frustrated with the fan suppression mode, so now I listen to TV and computer with an audio cable and neckloop. The audio cable is so long I could take a nap or sit on the toilet while listening.

Communication Software for Deaf Hard of Hearing - NexTalk