Hearing aids and long hair

kaylaa16

Reaction score
I got hearing aids yesterday and it’s honestly amazing how many things I can hear now! But my hair brushes against the ha and causes really annoying feedback. It’s very distracting and makes it hard to hear people because it’s so loud. Is there anyone else that has this same issue? What can I do to fix this? Is it something I just have to get used to? Right now I’ve been wearing my hair pulled back and that stops it but I prefer to leave my hair down most of the time.

If you're interested in buying hearing aids online visit hearex.com

Cut your hair, you hippie...

lol, you'll get used to it, it all just becomes noise later

I wear Ultra Power 675 hearing aids and I can wear my hair down without any feedback.

I would head back to your audiologist as I don't think you should be putting up with the feedback.

Is it feedback or just hair brushing on the mics?

Feedback usually occurs because the earmold or dome does not create a good seal in the ear.

Sounds like it's hair brushing against the mic. I have extremely short hair and I've had that strange experience of 'hearing my hair" so to speak. You could ask the audiologist about adjusting the sensitivity of the microphone (no idea if that's possible- just tossing out an idea).

But considering you just got them and you're new to hearing aids, you may get used to it eventually and your brain learns to ignore it.

If you are new to a aids this noise can become overwhelming, I have the same issue. After just over 12 months without wearing mine I have to get used to this again.
Best advice I would give is tie your hair back
When you are at home let your hair down and try get yourself to adjust to the noise.
With my hair I have to keep it up to stop the constant rubbing and feedback, Also I find that if I have my hair down and I sweep my hair away from my ear (it's as bit of a tickle) I get a really painful high pitch squeek from my aids. Hope you find this helpful.

Back