hearing aids and cell phone

javapride

Reaction score
I have a cell phone/SK for myself and need to use it for work on occasions i have had to go use the landline phones to check my messages and to see if there are any calls for me, result.... ususally yes usually no, BUT still I d lke to use my own cell phone to be able to retrieve calls and also to make outgoing calls and i recently got a new ear peice to cover my ear but that didn't quite work out YET but now my hearing aid dispenser is going to help me out with this but does any one have any idea of the best method or style; ie; getting an hand free ear peice so i can drive safely and not get worry abt the phone ringing then waiting for thevoice mail topick up then for me to pull into parking lot where the pay phone is just to pick up my message! my microphone on my hearing aid is on top of my hearing aid and not close enuff to the ear peice. any advice?????????

its greatly appericated MAHALO!

javapride said:
I have a cell phone/SK for myself and need to use it for work on occasions i have had to go use the landline phones to check my messages and to see if there are any calls for me, result.... ususally yes usually no, BUT still I d lke to use my own cell phone to be able to retrieve calls and also to make outgoing calls and i recently got a new ear peice to cover my ear but that didn't quite work out YET but now my hearing aid dispenser is going to help me out with this but does any one have any idea of the best method or style; ie; getting an hand free ear peice so i can drive safely and not get worry abt the phone ringing then waiting for thevoice mail topick up then for me to pull into parking lot where the pay phone is just to pick up my message! my microphone on my hearing aid is on top of my hearing aid and not close enuff to the ear peice. any advice?????????

its greatly appericated MAHALO!

The people I work with are all ordering HATIS adapters for their cell phones (http://www.hatis.com/). I haven't found an equivalent device for cochlear implants yet for my Treo 600.

For what it's worth, I think this question should have been posed in the technology forum.

thanks a million for yr fast reply! :)

Have checked it out and thats SO perfect yr a godsend am now going to send it on over to the hearing aid dispenser, cuz im not the only one thats dealing with this so we will make sure this is solved! :)

Thanks again!

Last edited:
You could try getting an induction loop -- it's a loop that is hung around your neck -- and hooked into the phone...hmm...it's hard to explain how it works, but it's worked for me before with my CI -- wonderful and clear!! :D

I haven't seen any induction loops that have microphones included in them. I might give them a chance if they were, but without the microphone for hands free operation, I'm not interested.

Good Letter

How can you talk on the cell phone with your hearing aids? i haven't tried that before. Do you talk on your cell phone with your hearing aids on? because i prefer to do that too because i haven't tried it before in my whole life....How ya doing? i am doing fine

talk to you later... :P

I can talk on my cell with my aids. My old aid caused this weird grinding noise with it, but my new aids are hearing aid compatible! (Phonak Pico Fortes)

I can talk on the cell phone with my hearing aid. I use M mode, not T mode. :thumb:

Back