Hearing Aides are not for Deaf

PUDL

Reaction score
Deaf Reality does not include hearing. It is rude to shout at Deaf. Deaf Reality uses sight and vibration.

Hearing Aides serve two purposes: saftey and English.

Deaf use vibration to get Deaf attention, not shout. Hearing Aides are rude and annoying and not right for Deaf saftey. Use a vibration aide for loud noises. Put it on an arm band. Loud noises, arm shakes, Deaf knows to look around. This way, saftey agrees with Deaf Reality: Deaf do not hear. The louder the noise, the harder and longer the vibration lasts.

For English, Hearing Aides are used to force deaf to learn phoneticly, learn through sound. Time is wasted trying to force the mind to understand something it can not directly experience: sound. This is college grade manterial - it is metaphysics. Sound has no place in early Deaf education. Phonics are for hearing children to learn literacy - reading and writing. Deaf should learn literacy in their first language: ASL. SignWriting can be used rather than English. Drawing is used; reproducing hand shape, movement and facial expression. Hearing and voice are not required for Deaf Reality.

After Deaf learn to read and write ASL, they can then learn to read and write English. They do not need hearing to learn to read and write. They do not need phonics because they are already literate- able to read and write. Deaf should learn English by using TTYs, computers, Group Messaging in a classroom setting. Deaf can use written English to discuss an issue and proper English is encouraged. Deaf learn proper English in a natural way.

A hearing person will say that proper English sounds right. A Deaf person should say that something is written right. They should have experience reading and writing proper English. They have no need for hearing: no need for hearing aides.

If voicing and lip reading are important, they should be learned in a musical or athletic environment. Deaf should try and learn phonetic English sounds, not English. Deaf should try and produce sounds not words. Deaf should try and copy an instructor's lips and reproduce the sound. Oralism is a skill that naturally develops over time as Phonetic English and Written English naturally merge in a Deaf person. Phonetics sounds and Written English are learned seperately. Oralism should not be used for education before college. It should never predate a developed mind.

Hearing Aides are not needed for saftey or English. Hearing Aides are outside of Deaf Reality.

Deaf children possible learn read and write sign

Last edited:
Hearing Aid have nothing to be about English.. Umm something you mention about the arm 'shake':ugh: Everywhere the noise and shake your arm the whole day. I wonder if the arm will become cramp due too much muscle work out. :roll:

arm shaking for saftey and entertainment

If used for saftey, arm shake only for loud noises: a car horn, fire alarm, someone shouting.

If used for entertainment, the vibration aide could be used for dancing. The Deaf could feel the beat of the music.

One of my friends got those tactile aids, and she did not like it. She preferred to not use either HA or TA.

seatbelts and saftey

Just as seatbelts protect people while driving, some type of sound based safety device is required for Deaf when in a hearing environment. Deaf children should not play near roads, but they should be able to respond to a car horn for safety reasons.

A vibration aide is not required in a Deaf environment, unless want to dance and want to feel the beat.

Hearing Aides scream in the ear - Rude
Vibration Aides tap on the shoulder - Acceptable

In what situations, if any, should Deaf be required to respond to loud noises?

Specifically, when driving a car , should Deaf be required to have an alarm that responds to loud noises?

Originally posted by PUDL
Deaf Reality does not include hearing. It is rude to shout at Deaf. Deaf Reality uses sight and vibration.

Hearing Aides serve two purposes: saftey and English.

Deaf use vibration to get Deaf attention, not shout. Hearing Aides are rude and annoying and not right for Deaf saftey. Use a vibration aide for loud noises. Put it on an arm band. Loud noises, arm shakes, Deaf knows to look around. This way, saftey agrees with Deaf Reality: Deaf do not hear. The louder the noise, the harder and longer the vibration lasts.

For English, Hearing Aides are used to force deaf to learn phoneticly, learn through sound. Time is wasted trying to force the mind to understand something it can not directly experience: sound. This is college grade manterial - it is metaphysics. Sound has no place in early Deaf education. Phonics are for hearing children to learn literacy - reading and writing. Deaf should learn literacy in their first language: ASL. SignWriting can be used rather than English. Drawing is used; reproducing hand shape, movement and facial expression. Hearing and voice are not required for Deaf Reality.

After Deaf learn to read and write ASL, they can then learn to read and write English. They do not need hearing to learn to read and write. They do not need phonics because they are already literate- able to read and write. Deaf should learn English by using TTYs, computers, Group Messaging in a classroom setting. Deaf can use written English to discuss an issue and proper English is encouraged. Deaf learn proper English in a natural way.

A hearing person will say that proper English sounds right. A Deaf person should say that something is written right. They should have experience reading and writing proper English. They have no need for hearing: no need for hearing aides.

If voicing and lip reading are important, they should be learned in a musical or athletic environment. Deaf should try and learn phonetic English sounds, not English. Deaf should try and produce sounds not words. Deaf should try and copy an instructor's lips and reproduce the sound. Oralism is a skill that naturally develops over time as Phonetic English and Written English naturally merge in a Deaf person. Phonetics sounds and Written English are learned seperately. Oralism should not be used for education before college. It should never predate a developed mind.

Hearing Aides are not needed for saftey or English. Hearing Aides are outside of Deaf Reality.

There is no such thing as Deaf Reality. It's all in your head. The same goes for written ASL which is crap.

Brenden

i agree with the ppl who has posted here so far -- tactile aids are useless -- :roll: and besides i dont know how to read those and i dont care really cuz i read English just fine

i would not want to have *constant* vibrations on my arm -- it would be a major headache IMO and VERY annoying

Deaf children must learn read and write sign

and its also wrong to say "Deaf children MUST learn read and write signs" like those tactile aids u have posted here :roll: -- its like u are forcing it down our throats and THAT is wrong to do PUDL -- we have a right to choose how we want to educate the Deaf children not be FORCED to educate solely by tactile aids -- how dumb are u PUDL qq

and BTW -- ur english grammar structure is incorrect -- u shouldve said "Deaf children must learn to read and write signs"

sorry to offend

I do not tell it the way it must be, just the way it could be: one option of many.

I understand that SignWriting is of limited use to Deaf adults. However, an education for Deaf children in their first language ASL using SignWriting is an excellent option.

But, an education written in sign will never happen until more than just the educational elite learn SignWriting. Who will translate the education for Deaf children?

I came here to talk about vision, about Deaf Reality. And Deaf Reality does exit; Deaf Reality is experiencing the world through four senses. Deaf Reality from birth will affect the growth of the human brain. Deaf Reality has good and bad.

But I didn't know I was in the wrong spot. Sorry for the philosophy.

PS- Tactile aides are only used for saftey reasons, like an alarm or car horn. The whole world can not be deaf friendly.

How can you write all these pictures by hand? That's expecting too much from children in an educational setting. English is much more simple, and will help children get into the real world better than an education in sign writing. Sign writing could be an optional thing, but I find it difficult to read, and a lot of thoughts going into reading it. English is just easier. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Re: sorry to offend

I do not tell it the way it must be, just the way it could be: one option of many.

I understand that SignWriting is of limited use to Deaf adults. However, an education for Deaf children in their first language ASL using SignWriting is an excellent option.

But, an education written in sign will never happen until more than just the educational elite learn SignWriting. Who will translate the education for Deaf children?

I came here to talk about vision, about Deaf Reality. And Deaf Reality does exit; Deaf Reality is experiencing the world through four senses. Deaf Reality from birth will affect the growth of the human brain. Deaf Reality has good and bad.

But I didn't know I was in the wrong spot. Sorry for the philosophy.

PS- Tactile aides are only used for saftey reasons, like an alarm or car horn. The whole world can not be deaf friendly.

PUDL -- LIFE isnt made to be EASY -- its SUPPOSED to be challenging and we all learn as we go in life regardless of how it might be --

it may not be Deaf friendly -- its also not other race friendly either nor is it friendly to other disabilities -- we are always constantly EDUCATING the dumb hearies and often times REPETITIVELY --- the REALITY is that we are Deaf and we accept ourselves as we are not "Deaf reality" u got it all wrong -- im just flabbergasted that u would try to shove the tactile aids down our throats and say "This is the way you MUST do and the children MUST be educated in this method!" -- this is BLANTANT *bullshit* and saying its "safety aids" come on PUDL -- we depend on our own senses heavier than the hearing aids or other "tactile aids" -- we have the use of vibrating/flashing alarm clocks that are not attached to the arm and that has worked fine for years -- while out and about i pay attention to my enviroment and i sure as hell dont need the use of those "tactile aids" and i dont see how they REALLY serve their purposes -- we are independent and we CAN get along just fine in life and in the hearie society -- we have various ways of approaching on that than ur so called "program" -- if i had a Deaf child to raise i would personally NOT support the education by use of ur so called program :roll:

Thanks Fly Free

Fly Free, thanks for the correction. I was totally inappropriate in tone. I have changed my post from "must" into "possible". It is possible for Deaf children to learn using SignWriting, visit this World Map to see over 20 countries using SignWriting today. It can be used with any signed language.

So Fly Free, thanks for the attitude correction. My post did not respect the Deaf. Nobody should be told how to live. We are all free people, and should decide for ourselves. I want to offer an alternative. Of course it is not for everybody.

Many deaf children are using SignWriting today. Again check the World Map. You can also view the opinion of deaf children about SignWriting

Re: Re: sorry to offend

Originally posted by Fly Free
PUDL -- LIFE isnt made to be EASY -- its SUPPOSED to be challenging and we all learn as we go in life regardless of how it might be --

it may not be Deaf friendly -- its also not other race friendly either nor is it friendly to other disabilities -- we are always constantly EDUCATING the dumb hearies and often times REPETITIVELY --- the REALITY is that we are Deaf and we accept ourselves as we are not "Deaf reality" u got it all wrong -- im just flabbergasted that u would try to shove the tactile aids down our throats and say "This is the way you MUST do and the children MUST be educated in this method!" -- this is BLANTANT *bullshit* and saying its "safety aids" come on PUDL -- we depend on our own senses heavier than the hearing aids or other "tactile aids" -- we have the use of vibrating/flashing alarm clocks that are not attached to the arm and that has worked fine for years -- while out and about i pay attention to my enviroment and i sure as hell dont need the use of those "tactile aids" and i dont see how they REALLY serve their purposes -- we are independent and we CAN get along just fine in life and in the hearie society -- we have various ways of approaching on that than ur so called "program" -- if i had a Deaf child to raise i would personally NOT support the education by use of ur so called program :roll:

I agree with fly free WE RE not forced to wear a hearing aid we re not forced to have a life we chose to have being deaf is better than being dead WE HAVE AN EDUCATION WE HAVE our community most of all WE have our firm belif and this crapola u using for the sign is SOO patheic and unreadable know why? WE CAN READ OUR OWN WRITING! so I would NEVER let my kids use that system of urs so please let's take this bias and shoved it up where the sun don t shine!

Hearing Aids should be up to the individual, just as cochlear is. Those pictures you showed, I have no clue what they are. Almost look like football plays to me.

I have friends who do and don't wear hearing aids. To me, they are all deaf. Hearing aids just help them with what lil hearing they have left so that they can communicate better with hearing and as a safety thing.

As for not using shouting in the deaf world, I am hearing and if I am not looking towards them, everyone I know uses their voice to get my attention. There are times that you can't use touch or vibration. My old house had concrete floors. You could bang on it all day and you would never feel a thing. When my ex would wear her hearing aids, it made my life alot easier.

To me, hearing aids will always be around in the deaf world. They are an option to people who have some hearing available to them, just like a wheelchair is an option to someone who can't walk. If you wanna tell me that I don't know what I am talking about because I am hearing, that is fine. I am just trying my best to state my opinion.

Originally posted by prostock19
Hearing Aids should be up to the individual, just as cochlear is. Those pictures you showed, I have no clue what they are. Almost look like football plays to me.

I have friends who do and don't wear hearing aids. To me, they are all deaf. Hearing aids just help them with what lil hearing they have left so that they can communicate better with hearing and as a safety thing.

As for not using shouting in the deaf world, I am hearing and if I am not looking towards them, everyone I know uses their voice to get my attention. There are times that you can't use touch or vibration. My old house had concrete floors. You could bang on it all day and you would never feel a thing. When my ex would wear her hearing aids, it made my life alot easier.

To me, hearing aids will always be around in the deaf world. They are an option to people who have some hearing available to them, just like a wheelchair is an option to someone who can't walk. If you wanna tell me that I don't know what I am talking about because I am hearing, that is fine. I am just trying my best to state my opinion.

:werd: U rock prostock!

Well, I really don't agree with PUDL, either. The concept of Deaf Reality is a bit of a delusion- some Deaf "Matrix" or something.

I think signwriting is a little crazy as well, but he's using the same arguments for using signwriting as most people do about using ASL. The same arguements about why signwriting wouldn't work is the same arguments people against ASL have been using for a long time.

Back