Hearing Aid Warranty?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
I got my digital hearing aid last year. The warranty expires next week. They did offer to extend my warranty for $270 for one year or $355 for two years. The warranty includes hearing aid repair.

I'm wondering... should I pay for this?

The last hearing aid I had was an analog hearing aid that lasted from 1993 to 2007.

First of all, I take good care of my hearing aid... but I use my hearing aid more than everything else. So, anything is possible.

But then again, what if my hearing aid lasts long and I never needed to fix it. That's a lot of money down the drain.

What do you think?

Any of you have warranties on your hearing aids?

I would ask what the hourly rate for repairs are, as well as the average repair costs for your model of hearing aid ... that might help you make your choice.

I would ask what the hourly rate for repairs are, as well as the average repair costs for your model of hearing aid ... that might help you make your choice.
It costs about $400 to repair hearing aids.

I think it's nice to get a 2-year warranty. But, what if I never needed to fix my hearing aid... that's $355 down the drain. :(

If cost is $400 it is not much more than warranty. So probably worth the gamble. It is only $45 saved and might be $355 gained if you have no problem. I never buy extended warranty and I usually come out ahead!

If cost is $400 it is not much more than warranty. So probably worth the gamble. It is only $45 saved and might be $355 gained if you have no problem. I never buy extended warranty and I usually come out ahead!
I was thinking the same thing. I've got another week to think about it. ;)

I found ESCO to be very good, especially when I had ITEs which seemed to spend a lot of time in the shop.

Do like me , Self Insure. Each month I set aside 40 bucks till I build up 500 bucks. Voila! I have the money whenever my aides break. And I have saved 1,000 s of dollars over the years by doing this. ** patting my thick wallet **

Back