Hearing aid survey

charmkitten

Reaction score
I am a student at Utah State University, and I need to complete a short survey of 5 people who wear hearing aids for one of my classes in communication disorders. Would anyone mind answering a couple questions for me?

You should probably post you questions if we are to answer. :)

Oops...sorry. Guess that would make sense! :lol:
Here are the questions on the survey:

1. Are you satisfied with your hearing aids?

2. If not, why?

3. Do you wear hearing aids every day?

4. How many places did you shop before choosing a hearing aid?

5. What was the most important reason for choosing the hearing aid you purchased?

a. price
b. brand
c. reputation of the place where it was purchased
d. size of the hearing aid

6. Do you believe you will eventually get a different hearing aid?

Yes
2. If not, why?

Yes
One
5. What was the most important reason for choosing the hearing aid you purchased?
Digital, high power
a. price
Expensive(do not feel comfortable stating price)
b. brand
Siemens
Excellen
Not quite sure what you mean. BTE, super power (large?)

Yes technology constantly changes and improves.

Mod's Note:

The thread is moved from General Chat section to the Hearing Aid & Cochlear Implants section.

1. Are you satisfied with your hearing aids? Very satisfied...they run out of battery a bit faster then my old hearing aid but more power means more chaning the batter so ah well!

2. If not, why?

3. Do you wear hearing aids every day? Yes I wear them everyday
4. How many places did you shop before choosing a hearing aid? two hearing aid centres the 2nd one being the one i went with and my new audiologist is great!

a. price= pretty expensive
b. brand=phonak versata p behind the ear hearing aids
c. reputation of the place where it was purchased= my hearing aid centre is great! it's the Advanced Hearing Aid clinic in ottawa, on and they are fantastic there! Including audiologists that are fluent in ASL
d. size of the hearing aid=I wear bte (behind the ear) aids so they are mostly the same size for the most part.

i think a and c were the most important ...i already knew what brand i wanted and i knew it was going to be a bte so size is not that much diff in behind the ear aids (bte).

6. Do you believe you will eventually get a different hearing aid? Eventually when these aids stop working then yes...until then no unless my hearing decreases and the need for a new one even if it's not broken arises

hope that helps:)

Yes

2. If not, why?

Yes

One, my audiologist however gave me multiple options and allowed me to try different HA on.

Digital, high power and clarity of sound.

a. price
Expensive, rather not post the price paid
b. brand
Phonak
Very good!
BTE

Yes, I update my HA at least every 5 years.

1. Are you satisfied with your hearing aids? Yes, to a point

2. If not, why? I am satisfied for the most part, they are ditigal in-the-ear aids, but my hearing loss is progressing and they no longer help me hear very well

3. Do you wear hearing aids every day? Yes, I put them in before I get out of bed in the morning and take them out the last thing at night

4. How many places did you shop before choosing a hearing aid? We went straight to Starkey for mine. That was what the audiologist suggested

c. reputation of the place where it was purchased (Starkey is one of the best). They sell digtial aids and they are good with clarity

6. Do you believe you will eventually get a different hearing aid? Yes, I will. I will be getting BTE soon.

Last edited:
Oops...sorry. Guess that would make sense!

1. Are you satisfied with your hearing aids? Yes,
2. If not, why?

3. Do you wear hearing aids every day? Every moment, including when I sleep.

4. How many places did you shop before choosing a hearing aid? one, recommended by my audiologist.

a. price

b. brand ---THe brand I chose is the most powerful and best for my hearing loss

6. Do you believe you will eventually get a different hearing aid? I am now a candidate for a cochlear implant which I will recieve in 3 weeks for one ear and I do plan on keeping the other ear aided as long as possible. Yes, I will eventually get a different hearing aid.

1. Yes, very much so.

2. If not, why?

3. Yes, frequently but right now I am very allergic to the ear mold. I can't wear them any longer only a short time if necessary.

4. two different comparable services if it's well known company once after all.

a. reasonable price
b. oticon bte
c. reliable fairly ok
d. same size as my ear just about right.

6. Yes, I do.

Of course otherwise I wouldn't wear them

2. If not, why?

An average of 2 hours a day, my hearing loss is so great it's pointless to wear them all day. I read lips as my speech perception is like 20%

one

I like that audiologist, he's an expert and I got a good price

a. price paid below the $3000 retail price per aid.
b. brand Phonak Naida V UP(the best)
c. reputation of the place where it was purchased Great!
d. size of the hearing aid a third larger than my old one

Im not sure if they can make a stronger HA, at least not without damaging the ear and/or it being painful. I might stick with my HA for the 10 years till a cure is developed.

Answers to Hearing Aid Survey

Very much so. :yesway:

2. If not, why?

N/A

Basically from when I get up in the morning until I go to bed.

One. Hearing Centers of Southwest Florida, Ellenton.

5. What was the most important reason for choosing the HA you purchased?

A.) Price: Kind of, but at $3,600 cash out of pocket I still think they're too expensive. :eek: :shock:
B.) Brand: Starkey. :)
C.) Reputation where it was purchased: More so with Craig Conklin my BC-HIS. :D
D.) Size of the hearing aid: J13 Cierra BTE's with full vented ear molds. :|

If you're asking if I'll change from Starkey to a different brand, NO.. but I'll upgrade from the "Cierra" model to a "Destiny".

Shi-Ku Chishiki ShiKu.Chishiki@Gmail.com

I know you have 5 people already but you can pick.. I will post mine anyway :)

Yes I love them, they are perfect for my needs :)

2. If not, why?

Yes, I wear them from the time I wake up till I go to sleep at night and sometimes I even wear them to bed if I have bad tinnitus, it helps with that

One, my Audiologist is awesome!

a. price - Mine were realll expensive, cost was all out of pocket at $5,000 for 2.
b. brand - Starkey is the best so far, I did research alot of things and they seem to be best in their class on everything
c. reputation of the place where it was purchased- I didn't really know the place but when I called them they were able to see me the very same day and program my hearing aids that day as well.
The size of my aids are small BTE and I like that, I can hardly tell I am wearing them and they are great!

In time I think I will need one with more power as my hearing drops. But I will most certainly stay with Starkey.

Yeah, for the most part- definately better than none.

2. If not, why?

Yup

two
5. What was the most important reason for choosing the hearing aid you purchased?The biggest reason for the particular HA's I have are one's with appropriate power to increase my daily functionality

a. price Im with everyone else- always too expensive!
b. brand Oticon BTE
c. reputation of the place where it was purchased- Not aware of any complaints or reports from the BBB
d. size of the hearing aid BTE size

6. Do you believe you will eventually get a different hearing aid?- I dunno, depends on improvements with technology of hearing aids, but more likely I will go for Cochlear Implant if I go any direction.

So, you go to USU? interesting. Have you lived in Utah your entire life or did you come to USU from out of state? I love Logan, its a nice little city, but way too cold in winter months for me.

thanks, guys, for all the info!! i was a little worried i wouldn't get my assignment done since I don't know anyone that wears HA. I really appreciate the participation :)
& to answer the question about living in Utah...I actually live in Houston. I attend USU through their distance education program. so much more convenient than having to show up for classes so many times a week. but sometimes it's hard to stay motivated keeping up with the work on your own time.
again...thank you, thank you, thank you to all those that participated in the survey :) :) have a wonderful rest of the week!!

1. Very satisfied with them.
3. Like many others here, I wear them from the time I get up until I go to bed.
4. One, I like my audi very much.
5a. Very pricy, about $4,500.
b. Widex Senso Diva 19
c. Excellent reputation
d. BTE
6. I'm sure I will. I have worn HAs for 15 years (I'm 40), and these are my 4th set. Change out every 4-5 years or so.

Back