Hearing aid reccomendations?

**maplesyrup**

Reaction score
I currently wear a pair of Hansaton hearing aids for a severe mixed hearing loss. I bought them off of Audicus, because frankly my experience with a private Audi was garbage. (The girl actually forgot to test one ear, and I was rushed out of there within 15 minutes with no questions answered.) top of the line hansatons with Bluetooth cost around $2300 CAD. With my insurance I paid $600 out of pocket. Anyway I'm noticing that the microphone isn't good at picking up voices from behind me, and that music sounds like garbage when it's not via the Bluetooth. I'm loving them otherwise, but I'm planning on getting a second pair of hearing aids next year as a backup. I'm looking at a pair of phonak belong B90s, or the high end Widex. Does anyone have any experience with these with music, specifically string instruments like a cello?

Hello There, I'm hard of hearing and play guitar whenever I can. I'm currently using an analog hearing aid but plan to get a digital one in the near future.

If you'd like hearing aid recommendations from a friend of mine who's an audiologist/HAD, please send me your audiogram and contact info to webmaster(at)alldeaf.com

Good luck.

I currently wear a pair of Hansaton hearing aids for a severe mixed hearing loss. I bought them off of Audicus, because frankly my experience with a private Audi was garbage. (The girl actually forgot to test one ear, and I was rushed out of there within 15 minutes with no questions answered.) top of the line hansatons with Bluetooth cost around $2300 CAD. With my insurance I paid $600 out of pocket. Anyway I'm noticing that the microphone isn't good at picking up voices from behind me, and that music sounds like garbage when it's not via the Bluetooth. I'm loving them otherwise, but I'm planning on getting a second pair of hearing aids next year as a backup. I'm looking at a pair of phonak belong B90s, or the high end Widex. Does anyone have any experience with these with music, specifically string instruments like a cello?

Why not try a different audiologist? Don't get discouraged by one audiologist. Why not go online and type your zip code, city/state and type audiologist next to it and see reviews. Look for best ratings. You could ask for a recommendation too.

Why not try a different audiologist? Don't get discouraged by one audiologist. Why not go online and type your zip code, city/state and type audiologist next to it and see reviews. Look for best ratings. You could ask for a recommendation too.

I'm definitely going to do that. Inconveniently for me the closest audiologists are at least an hour and a half away, and none of them have any reviews out. There's four audiologists in the city closest to me but I've exhausted two of them (the first guy I saw who first noticed my loss was actually really nice, but he only sold one brand, and I kind of wanted more choice and the second one was questionable), so it's on to someone else possibly next year. I may even bite the bullet and go two hours each way to my nearest Costco. I just feel like the $6000 price tag on most private office aids is obscene :)

I have a Phonak women's remote control WatchPilot 2 if you are still interested. Gently used with orginal box and user guides. Asking $300 or best offer.

Back