Hearing aid falling out.

Katluc

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question. I've had my HA for a week now and I'm so pleased with it. The only problem is, my ear canal is tiny and I think I'm not putting it on properly. When I drive, it falls out because I'm looking over my shoulder to check the traffic. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I went to the hearing centre today and they said I shouldn't try to push it in too far. I'm worried I'll lose it ( the HA, not my mind )

Are your HA's BTE? Are you using domes or ear molds? If you are using domes, you might want to try a custom mold to fit your ear more securely. Another option (in the U.S. at least) you can try a clip from Ear Gear to catch it should it slip off (https://www.gearforears.com/).

Ah, I just saw in another thread that you said you are in Europe. I am not sure if the Ear Gear site is accessible from where you are. If not maybe a local vendor has a similar product.

Thank you Zephren. I had a mold done, so it should fit. I think I need to just get used to putting it on. It's a bit like learning to tie shoe laces. It should become second nature soon. I'll definitely look up the ear clips.

Hi all, just a quick question. I've had my HA for a week now and I'm so pleased with it. The only problem is, my ear canal is tiny and I think I'm not putting it on properly. When I drive, it falls out because I'm looking over my shoulder to check the traffic. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I went to the hearing centre today and they said I shouldn't try to push it in too far. I'm worried I'll lose it ( the HA, not my mind )
Sorry I can't help, because I think the advice above should help, but I had to :lol: (laugh) at the "I'll lose it (the HA, not my mind). ;) Anyways, it sounds like your earmold isn't fitting well if it keeps falling out. It should not.

It's a little silicone one which fits in the entrance to the ear canal and has a wire to bte. I was looking up how to put the hearing aid on last night. There's a bit which I'd left sticking out of my ear, like a small antenna. I thought that's what it was and it was catching in my hair. Now I realise it's supposed to be tucked up into the ear to hold the HA in place and for easier removal. Looks like it's all less complicated than I thought.

Hey a little late to the party but I know the problem, I had it also. The tubes are to long, get them properly sized and the won't fall out.

Hey a little late to the party but I know the problem, I had it also. The tubes are to long, get them properly sized and the won't fall out.
Thanks. It's much better than it was. Part of it is just getting used to it. Realising that HAs don't have little antennas sticking out was a eureka moment :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back