hearing aid appointment issue

webexplorer

Reaction score
I have a Phonak. I have a problem with my hearing aids. When I turned them on, I always hate to hear the loud beeps in the beginning as startup. How can I turn it down or shut the beep off?

I had a hearing aid appointment for a checkup. Then next day, it was not perfect adjustment. I had to call for another appointment. They told me that it takes three weeks for my appointment. It always happens a lot even worse for one month appointment. That hurts me.

Does that happen to you or appointment issue?

My audiologist is busy, so, yes, it can take time to get appointments. Especially if you prefer certain time periods. I usually try for around lunchtime or for her Weds evening appts. If it's something "major", they may try to squeeze me in sooner.

Just like doctor's, they try to fill their appointment calendars (no patients, no pay). But may leave some "space" for "emergencies".

I had to cancel/reschedule my routine dentist appt last week (due to a cold) and my next appt is not till May.

I hate the beeping sound too and I had my audi shut it off and I never had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment , can you find a new audi to go to? I know a lot audi and doctors today have more than one office , does your ?
If so you could see if they an earlier appointment in another office if it not too
to get to. My audi has to program my HA on his computer to turn off the beeping sound.

I have a Phonak. I have a problem with my hearing aids. When I turned them on, I always hate to hear the loud beeps in the beginning as startup. How can I turn it down or shut the beep off?

I had a hearing aid appointment for a checkup. Then next day, it was not perfect adjustment. I had to call for another appointment. They told me that it takes three weeks for my appointment. It always happens a lot even worse for one month appointment. That hurts me.

Does that happen to you or appointment issue?

The startup tones can be turned off by your audi.

Okay. I will make my appointment to get over with it. I have two audiologists in the service. Actually, only one audiologist is familiar with my hearing aid brand.

I will try to search another service somewhere. After I find the right service, I will screw off my long time audiologist because I am tired of waiting to get in the office for my appointments.

Off subject, I had a very friendly dog with me in the office for 5 years without a problem. I know my audiologist (owner) for 20 years in a small town. Her business expanded for new offices and three employees. The office's policy says that no dog is allowed which surprised me. What a nerve.

In the meantime...put your battery into your HA, wait about 15 seconds to put it on and you should miss most of the beeps.

Back