Hearie Jokes

Mieke

Belgian ASL noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty much you all have brilliant jokes about us hearie people.

Anyone want to share any?

I haven't thought of making jokes about hearing people. mmm that is a good question. LOL

I have found one already, this version is slightly harsh but ok :p

Three Deaf men on a Train:
Three men- a Cuban, a Russian, and a Deaf American meet on a train. The Cuban takes out a fine, fresh Havana cigar, lights it up, takes a few leisurely puffs, and tosses the unfinished cigar out the window. He explains, "We have so many cigars in Cuba, we can afford to waste them." The Russian then takes out a new bottle of fine native vodka, pours himself a shot, then casually tosses the nearly-full bottle out the window. "We have so much vodka in Russia, we can afford to waste it," he says. Then the Deaf man picks up his sign language interpreter and tosses him out the window: "We have so many hearing people in America, we can afford to waste them."
[submitted by LeAnn, an ASL 1 student in Texas

I have to say my dad was Russian and he would have never throwed out his bottle of fine native vodka . LOL !

:o that almost sounded like Deaf would throw out Hearies

*runs around panicking*

*votes for more jokes, less drama and not picking sides *

You're reading way too much into my comment. I was telling WDYS it was a joke. She took it a tad too literal.

Lol, I meant her post. Not yours @AllyCat

If she would take it literally, I do hope she doesnt only think that the vodka is the only thing/person that would not be thrown out

9520df2e9051a5cbd04d4cac9c9fec89.jpg

Deaf jokes

On a hot summer day, many people were frolicking at a local beach until King Kong appeared on the scene. Seeing the huge ape, people began to scream and hustle off the beach, except for one lovely young lady. Unaware of all the commotion, the woman continued to sunbathe peacefully. Having scared everyone away, King Kong approached the only remaining person on the beach and scooped her in his hands. She was frightened and began to scream. King Kong tried to tell her how beautiful she was. She indicated that she was Deaf by pointing to her ears and shaking her head. King Kong was surprised to learn that she was Deaf, since he knew some sign language. He began to sign, “You are so beautiful. I want to marry you.” But in the process of signing “marry,” King Kong smashed the girl into pieces.

A deaf couple check into a motel and go to bed early. The wife wakes her husband in the middle of the night complaining of a headache. She asks him to go to the car to get some aspirin from the glove compartment. Groggy with sleep, he struggles to get up, puts on his robe, and leaves the room to go to the car. He finds the aspirin, and with the bottle in hand he turns toward the motel. But he cannot remember which room is his. After thinking a moment, he returns to the car, places his hand on the horn, holds it down, and waits. Very quickly the motel rooms light up… all but one. It’s his wife’s room, of course. He locks up his car and heads toward the only room without a light on.

Just .... RME.... Way to give us a bad name.

It's a joke and I don't see it as a bad thing at all, it's not like the Deaf comment in this joke was rude, it was just straight forward and honest. It's something to cherish in my opinion. In the hearie sugarcoated version, it's not even clear that they would expect the job to be done again.

I love the honesty, same as from you, You're now also not sugarcoating your opinion on this and I really appreciate it. We don't have to agree for that

There was nothing bad said on either side. However, the implication is there. That deaf people aren't as polite. Which can actually be true. I don't see it as appropriate for a hearing joke thread, though. Which very much tells me a lot.

Back