Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want health care that controls the populace, all needs be done is stick with what we have now. Think, people, think.

You are forgetting a word here. "Choice". No one is mandated to purchase froma specific company. There is a choice.

Just as insurance coverage for automobiles is mandated. But one has a choice regarding which company they purchase that coverage from.

More attempts to twist. No wonder people are acting dizzy.

I don't know if he meant that literally, or if he meant something else, but "controlling the people" is what this bill is about. If I'm satisfied with high deductible insurance, who are they to override my decision and tell me that's not good enough? What do they know?

This is nowhere close to how anyone who ratified the Constitution understood it.

I don't know if he meant that literally, or if he meant something else, but "controlling the people" is what this bill is about. If I'm satisfied with high deductible insurance, who are they to override my decision and tell me that's not good enough? What do they know?

This is nowhere close to how anyone who ratified the Constitution understood it.

Controlling the people is what HMOs and PPOs are all about.:cool2: Not to mention the caps and the pre-existing clauses.

Nope not close at all.

By his own admission (a day later) he goofed.

Also.....It seems the government is going to set 60% coverage as the minimum standard. That's not going to help much

You are forgetting a word here. "Choice". No one is mandated to purchase froma specific company. There is a choice.

Just as insurance coverage for automobiles is mandated. But one has a choice regarding which company they purchase that coverage from.

More attempts to twist. No wonder people are acting dizzy.

It's illegal to have a heartbeat and breathe without health insurance.

Yiz

You're quite correct. It is you who know what's best, not the Federal govt.

It's illegal to have a heartbeat and breathe without health insurance.

Yiz

Not yet it isn't. And having a heart beat and breathing puts you at risk for the need for medical care.:cool2:

It isn't a matter of knowing what is best, but of having access to what is best.:roll:

I support the reform allowing ALL people to have unfettered access to health care insurance but I do not support REQUIRING people to have one.

I support the reform allowing ALL people to have unfettered access to health care insurance but I do not support REQUIRING people to have one.

Requiring people to have it is one of the mechanisms by which access is granted.

Just like we are required to pay for a lot of things we don't use. Overall, it's fair for ALL of us.

Yeah, not even....close. We're talking thousands of dollars extra, even for middle class income families who are already paying enough.

Requiring people to have it is one of the mechanisms by which access is granted.

why require us to have one when we don't need/want it? isn't it better if the government manages the tax money better so that it can provide such access without depending on us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back