Headphones for running or gym?

Lauralein91

Reaction score
Hey there :)

Do you have any suggestions for good headphones? Maybe even with an induction loop? After a while I finally started running again but the headphones I use for watching
series, just don't work with my hearing aid :( and it would be nice to be able to listen to some music.

Hope you're having a great weekend and hopefully some of you had the same issue
Laura

Does your hearing aids have t-coil? Also check with your hearing aid company to see what they offer. My hearing aids has both options. I started off wearing t-coil hooks that hang on ear next to hearing aids and would listen to music or etc. I since then bought a device that now wirelessly connect to hearing aids while I wear it around neck. There are lots of options out there but some aren't cheap. :(

Hey :)

Thanks for the reply. Yes my hearing aids have a t-coil. I bought one of those which hang on the ear but it's not really convenient while walking :( Are you happy with the new device you bought?

Hello. :)

I have a friend, who wears Behind the ear (BTE) Hearing aids - the ones with box that sits behind the ear, connected by a little clear pipe to a colorful mold, that fills up his ear hole.
He showed me the best way to wear headphones with BTE hearing aids is to wear over the ear headphones, since ear buds wont work as they cant fit in your ear hole since the mold for the aid is there.
You place the headphones over your hearing aids with their speaker up over the top of the hearing aid box where the microphone is so the sound of the music can go through the aid, be processed, and then into your ear.
It might look a bit silly but you can enjoy music while you walk, as it is all about making your hearing aids and headphones work with each other and not against each other.

Here is a photo to show how its done - i hope this helps you. :)
Note the headphone cups not covering the ear hole but instead covering behind and above the ear where the hearing aid microphone is.

Hello. :)

I have a friend, who wears Behind the ear (BTE) Hearing aids - the ones with box that sits behind the ear, connected by a little clear pipe to a colorful mold, that fills up his ear hole.
He showed me the best way to wear headphones with BTE hearing aids is to wear over the ear headphones, since ear buds wont work as they cant fit in your ear hole since the mold for the aid is there.
You place the headphones over your hearing aids with their speaker up over the top of the hearing aid box where the microphone is so the sound of the music can go through the aid, be processed, and then into your ear.
It might look a bit silly but you can enjoy music while you walk, as it is all about making your hearing aids and headphones work with each other and not against each other.

Here is a photo to show how its done - i hope this helps you. :)
Note the headphone cups not covering the ear hole but instead covering behind and above the ear where the hearing aid microphone is.

Hey thanks for your reply. I also wear BTE hearing aids and tried wearing headphones, I just hoped that there is a better solution like wirelessly or with an fm-system or induction loop

Hey thanks for your reply. I also wear BTE hearing aids and tried wearing headphones, I just hoped that there is a better solution like wirelessly or with an fm-system or induction loop

Yeah i understand that. However my friend has told me that wireless solutions for headphones and hearing aids can often be rather expensive, plus it can get annoying walking and running with a wireless device around your neck, so its best just to put non earbud headphones over the aid microphones and enjoy music that way. :)

I was looking out for something like this and I can not find a headset that will stay on my head, I have been looking at children's headband that attached to hearing aids and seeing if there is a way to get some thing like that but for an adult.
I have currently not found anything.
Please let me know if you do find something because I have spoken with Samsung and Vodafone to see if they had any thing compatible with hearing aids and they came up empty.
It is something I would be interested in

Back