Have You Went To Psych Ward Before?

They will only let you watch preschool movies that contain zero violence.

41gxdeaNbzL.jpg
I guess I wouldn't do so bad. Same horrible shows less children hahaha.

I went to a special mental hospital for the deaf. It was also like prison but at least communication wasn't a barrier except some of the night staff couldn't sign. Do you have these sort of places in other parts of the world?

It was also like prison

So according to here plus that responses everyone is saying that these facilities which are supposed to be an open place to get help are they are nothing more than re branded prisons??

If it really how these facilities operate then I can see why they get the "bad raps". As these people are adults just like everyone else...

I went to a special mental hospital for the deaf. It was also like prison but at least communication wasn't a barrier except some of the night staff couldn't sign. Do you have these sort of places in other parts of the world?
I too have gone to a place like that, i dont know how it is when no one is looking, but i heard that most handicaps facilities back then were horrible!

If it really how these facilities operate then I can see why they get the "bad raps". As these people are adults just like everyone else...

I was ill when I was there. Some of the nurses were ok but others were horrible. They would come in while I was in the loo (loo's didn't lock). As I said before I was VERY glad to leave. The only worse places were these other hospital attendance for hearing people with mental problems due to communication difficulties but luckily they were quick to get rid of me so I only stayed for one night at a time.

Back then you wouldnt think they would treat such patients but they were treated badly, they should make a movie about it.. The REAL Truth how they are TRULY treated. IT's that bad.

Back then you wouldnt think they would treat such patients but they were treated badly, they should make a movie about it.. The REAL Truth how they are TRULY treated. IT's that bad.

Fairly sure there probably are movies- or at the least documentaries as well as many investigative reports by tv reporters.

I once saw a documentary/story reported by the local news in PA- about Pennhurst- a residential facility that housed intellectually disabled/developmentally disabled children (mentally retarded back in the 1960s/70s). I think it was shown as part of my new staff orientation.. I don't remember anymore. But it was horrifying to say the least.

I'd explore it for sure! Fascinated by the old buildings and anything that may be 'haunted'.

I agree. The current Illinois School For The Deaf (ISD) started out as a Deaf and Dumb Asylum back in 1839. Who knows what went on behind closed doors back then?

I'd explore it for sure! Fascinated by the old buildings and anything that may be 'haunted'.
It is and probably haunted. I would visit the outside however, to go inside is another story. LOL
I agree. The current Illinois School For The Deaf (ISD) started out as a Deaf and Dumb Asylum back in 1839. Who knows what went on behind closed doors back then?
Who knows , but I did read somewhere that they were treated horrible!!!!!

I would love to see the building. However, I would worry about asbestos. As for staying in a mental ward in a hospital. I have never done so but I do know a few people who had. I couldnt handle not being allowed my phone and laptop. I like to play games on both and I dont really watch that much tv. Maybe 1-2 hour a day normally for the TV. I would not be happy staying in a place that wouldnt provide me an interpreter when encountering counselors and the like.

A family member got lobotomized back in the those old days. Those mean old days when a husband could shut up a wife by having her committed. For those who missed what lobotomy was its worth looking up.
I remember visiting her at the home they kept her at after that, I was a very small boy and still vividly remember her beautiful sweet face and moist stunning blue eyes.

Back