Have you use virtual machine software for Mac OS X 10.6.4 running on Windows 7 ?

MYMDA2007

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am using VMware player to use Mac OS X 10.6.4 on top of Windows 7 64bit, I wonder if you have experiences this before ?

I am trying to learn more about Mac and looking for video editor stuff.

I installed both Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Ubuntu 10.10 to play around and I did use some video editior for Windows 7 and they are not good, buggy, freezes, crashes etc...

Screenshot below.

rkde0p.jpg

Feedback welcome here.

dg

I use Vmware Fusion for almsot three years. I don't know about new Vmware Player.

Thanks for shared with us.

Can't you use Virtualbox instead? Doesn't VMWare have weird licences?

I use Vmware Fusion for almsot three years. I don't know about new Vmware Player.

Thanks for shared with us.

Tell me about Vmware Fusion that I never heard before ?

All I know is Vmware Player and VirtualBox are free.

@Simon, They are free those software above and no need license.

dg

It's not really a good idea if you want to do things which require a lot of resources, such as video editing. Running 2 operating systems at the same time (which is effectively what you're doing) puts a lot of extra load on your resources.

In many cases, it's more productive to run a native application on your primary OS.

It's not really a good idea if you want to do things which require a lot of resources, such as video editing. Running 2 operating systems at the same time (which is effectively what you're doing) puts a lot of extra load on your resources.

In many cases, it's more productive to run a native application on your primary OS.

If you have dual cores and 4GB of ram then you are fine.

Back