Have you ever had someone that made you feel super special?

chris' mom

Reaction score
After being put down for 7 years it's really nice to have someone lift you up. I just thought I would say that. It's also amazing how songs have that affect on you as well.

Listening to music ALWAYS lifts my spirit! It's like the best therapy EVER :giggle:

Somebody making me feel super special? Well... not really... I have one close friend I can ALWAYS rely on and whom is ALWAYS there for me but that's about it... and then there's somebody else from AD who gave me a lot of support recently ;) !!!

JL

Listening to music ALWAYS lifts my spirit! It's like the best therapy EVER :giggle:

Somebody making me feel super special? Well... not really... I have one close friend I can ALWAYS rely on and whom is ALWAYS there for me but that's about it... and then there's somebody else from AD who gave me a lot of support recently ;) !!!

JL

I know the feeling JL. I do have one friend outside of the world of the internet. But someone here on AD who helps to..:lol:

It's harder for many of us who are deaf to enjoy music as we can't hear the words in the songs.

You know what amazes me? The amount of people (myself included) that are so achingly lonely....if we could just figure out how to reach each other, we'd feel so much better. *musingly* I say that, but I don't know how to do it.

You know what amazes me? The amount of people (myself included) that are so achingly lonely....if we could just figure out how to reach each other, we'd feel so much better. *musingly* I say that, but I don't know how to do it.

Isn't that so true?? Being a single mom of 3 boys I don't have the slightest clue!

My English teacher, Mrs. Chapman, in the 8th grade. She's passed on now, but her memory will always remain! She encouraged me strongly to "keep talking", even tho I had become deaf....Took special pains to help me after school with lip-reading, etc.

Funny....how after all this time, I recall her, her smile, her walking cane and her kindness. Yeah, she made me feel "special"! Even tho' all her students were "special" to her. Never forget her!...And BTW, I never told her "Thank You"! As I'm still "talking" to this day, because of her encouragement. So Thanks Very Much!! Never forget you!

My English teacher, Mrs. Chapman, in the 8th grade. She's passed on now, but her memory will always remain! She encouraged me strongly to "keep talking", even tho I had become deaf....Took special pains to help me after school with lip-reading, etc.

Funny....how after all this time, I recall her, her smile, her walking cane and her kindness. Yeah, she made me feel "special"! Even tho' all her students were "special" to her. Never forget her!...And BTW, I never told her "Thank You"! As I'm still "talking" to this day, because of her encouragement. So Thanks Very Much!! Never forget you!

Even though I don't know Mrs Chapman but what you just said is proof even to let us know she was very special to you! :cool2: That's quite something! I have had a couple of teachers back in high school who were also supporting me, but can't say they made me feel special... At least they were there when I was having a rough time!

:hug: Jamie

I don't like songs either due to don't hear the words.

But lucky in my life, my husband has always made me feel special. And praise me for my creativity, humor, and money management skills.

yeah i always feel special in any way or anybody that liked me from the personal level. and god for giving me 2nd chance to be alive twice, without him, i wouldnt be living today. MOM always makes me feel special; Cause i switched my suv with her van when i had to take hers to get inspector stick replaced and let her know that the task is done. she was very gratefully for me, calling me a GEM. :D and want to do something this weekend, sweet! so yeah sometimes in these days i always feel special whether the people makes me feel like i am or not. i am always special in my own unique way, and so are you, too. you are special everyday, dont forget that. ;)

My boyfriend makes me feel very special, he recognizes my quirks for strengths and does more than love me, he adores and worships me.

You bet that makes sense Adamsmomma. I have been reading your posts here and there and I agree with Adam, you are a very special lady.

My mom, my husband, my children, some of my friends here on AD, and my girlfriends in PA all make me feel super special. I am very very blessed to have them in my life.

To the achingly lonely.....there is no one else in all of existence who can replace you. Being alone is quite different from being lonely......Loneliness is the absence of another. Aloneness is the presence of oneself.

To the achingly lonely.....there is no one else in all of existence who can replace you. Being alone is quite different from being lonely......Loneliness is the absence of another. Aloneness is the presence of oneself.

How true the words ring!

I'm a single adoptee mom of 3, so in a sence, I shouldn't feel lonely or alone! But at times I do! My Pom Pom is so affectionate! She keeps me happy too! There are so many people I know that are married or have boyfriends, etc., that still feel "alone" and "lonely"! So it goes to say, even tho' you might have family/friends/spouse, etc., with/around you...you can still feel alone!

Back