have you ever got stood up by your dates?

Sharlie, oh no no, I'm sorry to see what you went through, he is spiteful mongrel!! :rifle:

CyberRed said:
That's why I am not interested in a relationship online. It's a full of crap. Faceless internet ....

Not always -- I met my hubby via online nearly 7 years ago and I have been married to him for nearly 6 years and live in Australia, his homeland and I consider it my homeland as well. Lovely country. ;)

WaterRats13 said:
Not always -- I met my hubby via online nearly 7 years ago and I have been married to him for nearly 6 years and live in Australia, his homeland and I consider it my homeland as well. Lovely country. ;)

Yep, I know it's not always. I am speakin' of myself. *Chuckles* I prefer to meet a guy in my local area to which is more safer, because I could tell who the person really is in real life rather than online, because sometimes some people don't tell the truth about themselves before meetin' in person and then discover they tell lies ... geez... I don't blame Sharlie, because I know how she feels before she met that guy. I wish there's the other way around. And, of course it's RARE to find the right guy with a honesty heart... let's say "a needle in the haystacks". You are lucky to find your man, but for others, it's not always fortunate.

WaterRats13 said:

:werd: ....

I've met Roadrunner on :type: (line) too and He is living with me now...We're in a lovely relationship...So, I would say depending on who you meet on line...some relationship works , some don't.....

------------------------------------------------
Sharlie,

I can not believe that person took a look at you and left...What a jerk!....*forgive me for saying that*...U will find someone better than HIM!..

I'm truly sorry that this had happened to you.....*hugs*...

*nodding at ^Angel^* Oh yes, I sure can remember the day I met her online...which was when I was a monitor for a chat-room...well, I was having a bit of difficulty with a 'hacker' who was flooding the room constantly one night...as my eyes would be *watching* the screen-name list so I could catch this person each time coming into the room and boot that sn off...when I had look over at the room and saw a line that caught my eye (the lines in the room were scrollin' at a rapid pace)...it was the nicest comment I ever had seen...suddenly I felt *warm* inside after seeing ^Angel^'s very caring comment she made to the room and complimenting me for trying my best to get rid of the 'flooder'. Honestly, I have never felt such warmness inside...my heart beating softly...making me wondered more and more who she was! I eventually 'pc'd' her later in another chat-room I also was monitoring...and the rest is 'history'...yes, we do have a very lovingly relationship...growing closer as each day goes by...I'm truly thankful to the ONE above for bringing 'us' together as I do believe strongly that is how this came to be!

It's true that not all online relationships will blossom into something unique and wonderful...for some, it will take a few to 'find' the right one...via online. As much as we do still need to be careful of who you meet online and really get to know...being busy on the :type: talkin' at all hours for hours!!

When I first realized that ^Angel^ was the 'one', I really did felt like I was walkin' on clouds...my heart skippin' a few beats...walkin' into a room forgetting what I was gonna do...sleepless nights...watchin' the clock for our time to get on, constantly...missin' chores...etc. :wiggle:

Here's to my sweetest :angel: ...... :ily: :kiss:

I've never been stood up, the guys I dated were respectful in that aspect.

I think I stood up at least two. The reason was because I didn't feel safe around them. When you're a girl, you've got to be careful out there.

CyberRed said:
Yep, I know it's not always. I am speakin' of myself. *Chuckles* I prefer to meet a guy in my local area to which is more safer, because I could tell who the person really is in real life rather than online, because sometimes some people don't tell the truth about themselves before meetin' in person and then discover they tell lies ... geez... I don't blame Sharlie, because I know how she feels before she met that guy. I wish there's the other way around. And, of course it's RARE to find the right guy with a honesty heart... let's say "a needle in the haystacks". You are lucky to find your man, but for others, it's not always fortunate.
Yeah...I reckon I was a bit gutsy and willing to take risks. :P At least, I made sure I met men in public areas rather than secluded areas, ya know? :)

Just have to be very cautious on what is said in convos online and offline as well -- plus, honesty is hard to detect via online, unless the vibes are telling you otherwise.

Cheers!

Ginette said:
I've never been stood up, the guys I dated were respectful in that aspect.

I think I stood up at least two. The reason was because I didn't feel safe around them. When you're a girl, you've got to be careful out there.
There's nothing wrong with carrying around a can of pepper spray! :thumb:

WaterRats13 said:
Yeah...I reckon I was a bit gutsy and willing to take risks. :P At least, I made sure I met men in public areas rather than secluded areas, ya know? :)

Just have to be very cautious on what is said in convos online and offline as well -- plus, honesty is hard to detect via online, unless the vibes are telling you otherwise.

Cheers!

Exactly! *Chuckles*
Cheers!!

I got stood up tonight My date never showed up for 3 hours... *sniff* I

guess that is my first stood up tonight...:cry:

Sometimes people have an emergency that came up and couldnt show for a date. It is a good idea to find out the reason, then you'll know for sure if you had been stood up for real!

Deaf258 said:
Sometimes people have an emergency that came up and couldnt show for a date. It is a good idea to find out the reason, then you'll know for sure if you had been stood up for real!

That is So True.. I will find out what his excuse is...Better be a good one

for his second chance :)

Back