Have you being on the stage for a play?

Smartiesgeek

Reaction score
I already being on the stage long time ago.

Even, I got the award that I am the best director.

*whoo*

It was me, in the end of left side.

I was a doctor who was being so bitch and invent a cure for deaf to become to be a hearing.

It was "The Cure: Final Solution?" of that play.

The story is:

A big family and all of the kids and parents are deaf. Being so happy with each others, but they do have a hearing sister. She is studying in the M.I.T. in Mass. They came in a big and happy family for a big dinner. So, everyone meets each others.. and telling each others about their schools, such as Indiana school for the deaf have 800 students and have alot of new things around on the campus. it is getting bigger and growing in each of the days. The sports are more more competivite in those days. Other siblings who are attending to Gallaudet, they said, oh yes.. mine's too.. It is getting bigger and growing in each of years. Its really amazing. The hearing sister was telling about her experience at M.I.T in Mass. The hearing sister told the news, that they are trying to find a cure for blind, handicapped, cripple, down syndorme, and many more and umm... Deaf. The big and happy family was very shocking. Of course, they was very angry against her idea.

So, Few days later, The older brother told everyone that his girlfriend is pregnant... and hopes for a deaf baby. So, few days later, they're finding out that M.I.T found a cure for deaf and everything. So, They was really mad. The deaf group went to washington to protest to prevent from President to pass the bill.

The bill was saying, require to cure every deaf children and adults. So, The president signed the bill.

The deaf group were very angry and scared. So, The hearing group was very glad and being with the doctors. So, (Therefore, I was with the hearing group.)

Til the beautiful day that Older brother's girlfriend's baby was born... We, doctors, took him and cured him. I told them that they would be unfit to be parents if they are still being deaf. So, They had to take the cure. so, the way they can get the baby back.

So, they got the cure. Then the dinner, everyone came.. and realized that every deaf is becoming hearing... and go after it. The family was very scared.

In end of the scene, Everyone was on the stage.. and a young sister was like, I have to take this cure because every friends of mine is taking it. I dont want to be only one who is being deaf. So, She left the scene. A twin brother of older brother said, I have to take the medicine because I dont want to be only one. He left the scene.

Only to the parents. They was very crazy, insanely, and very angrily. They said, i love you, wife. I love you, husband.. and The husband left the scene. He got back with a posion cup. He gasped and said, I want to be a deaf person and die as a deaf person. His wife was crying out of control. His wife didnt take any cure to be a hearing wife.

She said, what a crazy world, right now. What is the hell going on? What is causing this catasrophe on here? Really horribly, fucking up, and lay down.. with his husband.

The lights goes off.

It was really CHAMPIONSHIP.

EVERYONE in the audience LOVED It.

I actually missed to be on the stage. it was really amazement.

Attachments

• 3doctors.jpg
    3doctors.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 89
This is the group picture of "The Cure: Final Solution"

It was involving alot of actors, crews, and narrator.

Attachments

• groupcure.jpg
    groupcure.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 87
Originally posted by prostock19
Oh Damn...I have TONS of pics from RISD Plays.

GO to http://risddrama.tripod.com

wow, thanks.

So, I was been thinking to be actress in the future, but It would be so nice if I am an actress for deaf/hearing and anybody.

this play was for everyone not just for deaf. It was for hearing/deaf/hearing of hard/and many more.

Hey, I was Stage Manager for one of play and I play character as bat/ant for one of play in high school. Also, I was in Irving Theater with two major shows "The Stings" and "Born From Yesertday". I played as Varied Characters.... In "BFY", Bellhop/Waiter....."STINGS", Waiter/Myserty lady.

Originally posted by MizzDeaf
Hey, I was Stage Manager for one of play and I play character as bat/ant for one of play in high school. Also, I was in Irving Theater with two major shows "The Stings" and "Born From Yesertday". I played as Varied Characters.... In "BFY", Bellhop/Waiter....."STINGS", Waiter/Myserty lady.

Oh wow, I am very sure that you was really enjoyed in those plays.

amazing. :D

I used to be really active in Drama in HS, but I can't find any pix of that. But I was a radio DJ for 4 years, and I have pix from that handy, so here you go.

Attachments

• dylan2.jpg
    dylan2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 74
Okay... I have no idea why that turned itself sideways, but I'm not in the mood to fix it...

Anyway, here's one from the studio.

Attachments

• dylan3.jpg
    dylan3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 72
I've been in Sign-A-Thon for ASD. It was part of competition for public school to get together and come up to ASD.

I was the only deaf in my group. :/

I don't remember what happened though. I still got some pics..but I looked stupid. I'll have to find some scanners and hook it up.

I was in the Silent Clique drama group at my high school for three years. We did a skit about AIDS in my junior year, and a play about deafness in my senior year. I have a newspaper article about it, and also an article about it in World Around You. Will have to go and find it...

i used to be in the senior play, and when i was lil girl and i dont remember any of it. anyway sr play. i was oj ex gf and getting married to "forrest grump." *blushes big time* hehehe but it was a lot of fun... :)

wow, many of you was acted on the stage.. and backstage. it is really wonderful to see the deafies doing this!

*BRAVO*

Oh boy... I can't remember the names... if I do, I'll post them.

I was a deaf painter in the play during my high school. It was fun!

Right now, the only stage that I would be up there is to be a singer for "I've got friends in Deaf Culture."

:p

Back