Hate new cars

what does anyone think of the new Corvette C7??? I lke it, but i prefer the C6, i dislike the C7's rear end which looks too japanese-ish GTR , why? why the squareish teardrops? bring back the two round taillights, its Stingray!, it must carry on the american tradition, dont go japanese grrr...

but back to my question....C7 good for modern american muscle?!
right now in NZ, there's a C6 with twin turbo an easy 1000 HP...road legal running on normal pump gas... NICE ! but $100,000 NZD wtf... out of my price range lol

wow,
here's link...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/cars/chevrolet/auction-914150551.htm

rob then bank?? shall I? lol

Lol, I smogged a 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 w/a 6.2 L V8, supercharged rated 650 horsepower and 650 foot pound torque, 7 speed manual tranny last August. This exotic car failed for not ready in PCM, told a customer who brought his prized car from another state to California for initial registration, to drive several miles to clear emission monitorings and return to retest it.

Reba's 2000 Cherokee had instrument issues until I (mechanic could not find it) located the problem was with the battery cables. Replaced both with every connection new and never had the problem again. If I remember the warning on the dash said something about the Buss. I occasionally use it to tow a utility trailer loaded with dirt/rocks, etc.

Same here, I found cracked solder joints in the circuit board (in cluster) where the solder joints holds the input connector pins to the circuit board. I resolder the cracked joints. The cluster works fine no more blank lights. Nice Christmas tree lights. Buss is referring to Data Bus Network where the BCM (Body Control Module) is used to control and integrate many of the electronic features and functions of the vehicle, like to sharing of sensor information in the cluster, HVAC, lights etc.

Lol, I smogged a 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 w/a 6.2 L V8, supercharged rated 650 horsepower and 650 foot pound torque, 7 speed manual tranny last August. This exotic car failed for not ready in PCM, told a customer who brought his prized car from another state to California for initial registration, to drive several miles to clear emission monitorings and return to retest it.

Customer reviews.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/chevy-corvette.html

Good for just 6 miles. :giggle:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/06/2015-corvette-z06-engine-reportedly-fails-after-just-6-miles/
Awful awful awful for $70k or more.

Anything, I drove Corvette 2007 with 6 manuals and it was very GOOD handle and clutch panel is pretty comfortable. Then I tried GTO 2007 and clutch panel was uncomfortable but good engine.

Since I posted earlier about Jeeps, I thought I would add this:

When my Jeep's plastic headlights and fog lights were pitted and loosing brightness, I went online to buy.

Headlights from dealer $800 installed. I bought mine online for $150 pair and installed myself.

Fog lights from dealer $450 installed. I paid $110 and installed myself.

Even if I had my local mechanic do it, it would still have been cheaper. Car is nearly 9 years old. :D

Attachments

• 12187918_942398595835130_9221379859502229544_n.jpg
    12187918_942398595835130_9221379859502229544_n.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 12190105_942398985835091_1506018737526935999_n.jpg
    12190105_942398985835091_1506018737526935999_n.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 12
  • 12065970_942399712501685_1910812359425733459_n.jpg
    12065970_942399712501685_1910812359425733459_n.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 12
Since I posted earlier about Jeeps, I thought I would add this:

When my Jeep's plastic headlights and fog lights were pitted and loosing brightness, I went online to buy.

Headlights from dealer $800 installed. I bought mine online for $150 pair and installed myself.

Fog lights from dealer $450 installed. I paid $110 and installed myself.

Even if I had my local mechanic do it, it would still have been cheaper. Car is nearly 9 years old. :D
Try buffing the old ones out, they make some great kits for that real cheap, re sell the old on craigslist for a few $$$$

I am actually getting ready to re-buff mine, they arent as bad, but a little foggy.

Try buffing the old ones out, they make some great kits for that real cheap, re sell the old on craigslist for a few $$$$

I am actually getting ready to re-buff mine, they arent as bad, but a little foggy.
He tried that and it didn't work. The new lights are much better.

headlights? What I did? hmmm I just grab the deep woods insect repellant, the green one with high deet ratings. Works like charm.

headlights? What I did? hmmm I just grab the deep woods insect repellant, the green one with high deet ratings. Works like charm.

Never came across that idea before... Used toothpaste and really fine sandpaper though... That was interesting and worked wonders :D

Never came across that idea before... Used toothpaste and really fine sandpaper though... That was interesting and worked wonders :D
I discovered this about couple years ago, since I love camping out and have these spray on my hand with paper towels, so I tested, wow works like charm, all yellowing gone!

Be careful not get spray on body paint.

I tried that but the downside is it doesnt last long. I had to keep sanding it every 3 or 4 months and got so tired of it i ended up buying new headlights on ebay

I tried that but the downside is it doesnt last long. I had to keep sanding it every 3 or 4 months and got so tired of it i ended up buying new headlights on ebay
I find that when dealing with aged things, not much leaves a permanent fix...

Had no issues after using insect repellant, it's almost 2 years and it hasn't gone back yellowing.

I discovered this about couple years ago, since I love camping out and have these spray on my hand with paper towels, so I tested, wow works like charm, all yellowing gone!

Be careful not get spray on body paint.

Nice... Did you have to scrub much?

Tried that. No good. Lights were not yellowed, they were blasted like driving through sand storms. Even the paint finish is pitted. I have had my windshield replaced 3 times and it is in need again due to sun glare.

Back