HA's: price vs quality?

tymbusku

Reaction score
Hi ALL !
Hey for those who wear HA's, or have worn them. I have questions. If you've worn lower end price scale HA's or very expensive ones, do you think it makes enough difference to your quality of sound and ease understanding speech to make it worth the expense, or do you think moderately priced, or low end price aids do well enough, if you can't afford latest technology, or even if you can.

Not many deaf/hoh people in my country can afford aids, and only small children, pensioners, and veterans, or people who had accidents and lost hearing, can get subsidies for HA's.

Many people I talked to lately said that they could only afford cheaper ones or maybe none, so don't get them, since they probably are no good anyway if only basic cheaper HA's.

What do you think?

If there just like any other services/products then higher costs doesn't ALWAYS results in higher quality. I believe instead that there a point where "price and quality" meets up. Where up to a point the quality will be worth the extra whatever dollar amount you throw more at it. But after that "threshold" that drops off.

Take Graphic Cards for example...

Generally speaking cards that are under $80 are trash, then the cards up to about $200 range will be generally give you a good return on graphic performance per dollar spent on the card. Then after that the cards tend to lose their "efficiency" in performance per dollar spent on a graphic card the more you spend on one.

Back