Happy black history month

serena1986

Reaction score
I think black histories should celebration with all people not just black communities but all communities

Sent from my LGMS345 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Cool... Personally I disagree and think black history month does nothing but strengthen rasicism in the US, especially in southern states; and should be discontinued. Awesome that you support it though so happy black history month to you too :)

I agree with the original idea behind Black History Month but think what's happened is its become romanticized and sanitized to make niceities for white audiences and PC.... "if we talk about Rosa Parks in class today, we've covered Black History"..... further - Let's bring up these certain heroes and then forget about the racism that continues to occur, including in the very classrooms discussing Black History Month.

I - do not- think we should abolish Black History Month but think things need to go deeper.

When I was in school we didn't have Black History--we saw it happening on the evening TV news. Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks were people active in our lifetime.

This is a link to another perspective on Black History Month. It was program on PBS about it, which I saw. I thought it was a good program. http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/more-than-a-month/

Black History is still happening, but sometimes what happens in the re-telliing of the phrase Black History Month - it appears that it began and ended at this certain point in time and that's it. Makes it easy for some to say - oh, well we covered that in this part of the curriculum, now we can move on -

Back